Mystery Ranch or KUIU

I bought my first Dana Gleason pack in 1978, have used it hard and still have it, in good shape. I have had 11 DG packs since that time and now have 8, two MR NICE rigs, a MR BDSB and Deluxe and 4 older Dana-Bozeman packs. I have NEVER had an issue with ANY pack from Dana and his are the ONLY packs I have owned in some 47 years of serious wilderness mountain backpacking, for recreation and my employment, that I can honestly make this comment about.

I have had Kifaru, Gregory Denali Pro, Camptrails galore, Fjallraven Expedition, Karrimore and various other Brit.-Euro. packs and some I cannot recall the names of as well as working in the gear industry and trying all kinds of packs in the BC mountains. I have never seen or used packs that equal MR packs and consider only Dan McHale's full custom packs in the same class.

I might add here, that I have never been to Bozeman, have been to Montana only once in 1967 and have never met any of the MR crew, my opinions are based solely on my own use. Dozens of hunters here in BC, including some very experienced and active sheep hunters who have been all over the wilderness areas here, have purchased MR packs on my recommendation and I have yet to hear ONE complaint which says a lot to me.

I consider MR the BEST gear maker I have ever dealt with and the only one I unreservedly recommend.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back