Caribou Gear

My first!

Just a soft tan I guess. It isn't a huge one, although I would have argued with ya while I was stumbling down that mountain with it lashed to my pack.

Very nice!! BOY has killed two while deer hunting. I can only imagine the spookiness you felt after following the tracks. Congrats.

That is awsome DJ congrats! I am begining to think you have snow out that way all year long.

That is awesome congrats!

Must be the season, I called one in last night cow calling. It was the first one I've called in. Couldn't kill it though permit only area but I will never forget it.

Not be the spoiler but,,,,,

Fall Season Without Dogs – October 20 - November 25, 2012
• Resident and nonresident hunters with either a general mountain
lion license OR a special mountain lion license may harvest any
legal lion in any open district statewide during the fall season.

Not be the spoiler but,,,,,

Fall Season Without Dogs – October 20 - November 25, 2012
• Resident and nonresident hunters with either a general mountain
lion license OR a special mountain lion license may harvest any
legal lion in any open district statewide during the fall season.

Tony I see this now. The regs are very confusing if you look at the specific district it lists general tag as being good only in late season. It makes it look as if you need the permit in the fall. I neglected to read all the info in the front of the regs explainining that. I looked up my district before I went and thought I couldn't harvest a cat. The only consolation I have is that I was on private land and hadn't been given express permission to shoot a lion. I hope they clear that up in the regs to save someone else this heartache! They should list archery and fall seasons below the general tag also, rather than with the permit only.

----------- HD 202 & 203 -----------
NOTE: Excluding Missoula Special Management Area.

General Lion License.
Harvest Quota: Check quota status before hunting. Season will not open
if Special Lion License-holders fi ll the quota by Feb 1.
• Feb 01 - Apr 14 – Late Winter Season.

Special Lion License. Drawing only. Apply by Aug 31.
202-00 30 licenses. Harvest Quota: Female quota = 15. Male quota = 15.
Beginning Feb 1, Special Lion Licenses and General Lion Licenses
are valid for the same area and time period until the quota is fi lled.
• Sept 01 - Oct 14 – Archery Only Season.
• Oct 20 - Nov 25 – Fall Season Without Dogs.
• Dec 01 - Apr 14 – Winter Season.

Oh brother. Wonder how many degrees we are separated by?

Haha! Wonder what the story and eventual weight will be once this email has time to do it's circuit. :D

I can see it now...

"buddy shot this vicious 210# cougar after it almost assaulted a school bus full of children in our city - eh, Portland, Oregon. PETA activists have filed suit in U.S. Federal Court against my friend!
Help stop this madness by assisting us in funding his legal defense and help us FIGHT BACK against these PETA Portland hippies! Please contribute to this special legal fund account xxxxx..."

Hmmm... that might fly in Missoula... :) would ya forward that e-mail please? :p

Haha! Wonder what the story and eventual weight will be once this email has time to do it's circuit. :D

I can see it now...

Hmmm... that might fly in Missoula... :) would ya forward that e-mail please? :p

I was thinking that too. The internet is a great thing isn't it. I started thinking that the story will change to me shooting it in mid jump or something. I hope I made it clear that the dang thing was leaving the area and I never felt my life was in danger. I just thought it was pretty amazing how close it did come without me knowing it, when I thought I had a pretty good "sit spot", to see a buck coming or going.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back