House of Representatives votes to remove gray wolves from endangered species list

If they changed it simply to where litigants would not receive compensation from ESA litigation relating to wolves it would most likely accomplish the same thing and be a lot more well received.

USFWS was supportive of delisting. Serial litigants sued and found a supportive judge. Montana and Idaho reps said enough of the games and put an end to it. End of story.

"According to a new survey and report compiled by the Union of Concerned Scientists, 73 percent of Fish and Wildlife scientists say political influence is too high at the agency and a relative majority believes their office is less effective than it was five years ago. Those alarming figures stand out at Fish and Wildlife, compared with other surveyed federal science agencies where staff generally feels scientific integrity is holding firm or on the rise."

Eco-enviros are never ending. Always will create obstacles - that's their bread and butter, as we know. The denominator is the ebb and flow of the executive branch and those appointed.

1714759600662.png

My meat of my comment was not specific to the 2011 wolf decision, but ok.
You were oblivious to the gamesmanship back in 2011, and oblivious to the gamesmanship today. Boebert finally getting off her dead ass and doing something useful is progress IMO.

I agree somewhat. If the delisting happened I would be fine with it. However, I don’t like the way this is being done, or the way it was done last time. I would rather they start with tort reform that stopped the FWS delisting.
Challenging the swamp to start with tort reform is naive. It won't happen.

Boebert’s name in the same sentence with the word “science” is damn funny.

And back in 2011 the Montana legislature came within inches of screwing up the delisting. Ben Lamb and some others help kill the nonsense before damage was done.

Legislators involved with wildlife never turns out well.

Last edited:
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back