My East Crazies Trespassing Trial

I do not think it is going to trial. Public support is vey high. Happy to contribute. Rob G . keep for the next one. You always seem to challenge the wrong. You are the man!

Thanks! We have to update manually so the site isn't currently showing we blew through $5200 this afternoon!

If you don't have a lot of money but still want to just show support throw in $5. It adds up. Plus numbers count as well as dollars. If the Landowner and the County Attorney sees I've got 500 people backing me he's going to wonder about the wisdom of poking a hornet's nest.

So if the charge is dismissed, looks like we're having one wild-assed pig roast and beer party at Rob's house?:)

So if the charge is dismissed, looks like we're having one wild-assed pig roast and beer party at Rob's house?:)
Well, the fund isn't high enough to cover my medical bills if I did that ;).

By next week I should have all the information the prosecutor is planning on using against me. Based on what he has my attorney and I can form a strategy.

A little bit of a lull right now. I finally got some free time and was going to send out a thank you and update email to everyone who donated.

Right now I'm waiting for the "discovery" from the prosecutor. As I understand it, that is all the information he has in his case against me. The Omnibus hearing date has been moved out to March 16th in Big Timber. The hardest part about all this is keeping my mouth shut. I can't wait until it is over.

A little bit of a lull right now. I finally got some free time and was going to send out a thank you and update email to everyone who donated.

Right now I'm waiting for the "discovery" from the prosecutor. As I understand it, that is all the information he has in his case against me. The Omnibus hearing date has been moved out to March 16th in Big Timber. The hardest part about all this is keeping my mouth shut. I can't wait until it is over.

Wasn't this moved once already? And now they are moving it until March? I wonder if they are doing that so you get tired of the stress and decide to just plead guilty. Or if they are doing it so they eventually say screw it, we'll drop the charges.

Wasn't this moved once already? And now they are moving it until March? I wonder if they are doing that so you get tired of the stress and decide to just plead guilty. Or if they are doing it so they eventually say screw it, we'll drop the charges.

Delays are often a tactic in litigation. I was just talking with my dad this morning about their case against a neighbor who is obstructing their water rights-it's been dragging on for over 3 years now. I think the neighbor is just hoping they'll give up and give in...Stick with it Rob!

Probably not in this case. I talked with the county attorney on the day the Omnibus hearing was scheduled and he said the date was a mistake as he had a conflict that day. He told me they would probably move it out to March and that actually works better for me. He's a decent guy doing his job. If he is psyching me out at all it is by withholding the discovery.

My Jan 4th initial appearance, where I entered the not guilty plea, was moved out once at my request and once because of weather.

Discovery?
Sorry... discovery in this context means all the information the county attorney is going to use to try and prove his case against me. They have to provide that to me in advance so I can prepare a defense. This is my first time I've been through anything like this so my definition may not be exactly correct, but you get the idea.

Hey Rob. I am a prosecutor when I'm not hunting. You are using the term discovery correctly. Speaking from experience, he likely isn't trying to psych you out by withholding discovery. Discovery can take a while and he probably has a lot of cases to work on. Not that makes it any less frustrating, but I can definitely relate with a huge caseload. If you have any questions about the process I might be able to help. Feel free to pm me--and good luck.

Back