My East Crazies Trespassing Trial

I'll try it at the house in the morning, but I'm not getting a donate button.
It's to the right of the picture of me, above the "Total to Date" amount. As Straight Arrow mentioned, you can also send a check to me at the address there. If anyone does that please let me know and I'll keep an eye out for the check in the mail.

I think I'm up to $2700 or so (the page doesn't automatically update) and a huge portion of it is coming from people here. I sure appreciate it and we'll make our voices heard loud enough that the landowners around there will take notice.

It's to the right of the picture of me, above the "Total to Date" amount. As Straight Arrow mentioned, you can also send a check to me at the address there. If anyone does that please let me know and I'll keep an eye out for the check in the mail.

I think I'm up to $2700 or so (the page doesn't automatically update) and a huge portion of it is coming from people here. I sure appreciate it and we'll make our voices heard loud enough that the landowners around there will take notice.

I'm at work and the filters are jacked up on a lot of pages. I'm sure I can get it to load up right at home. I can see where it should be.

Pretty clear cut case that this is a FS trail in my eyes. The landowners could take a page from the FlyingJ and post signs every 20 ft along the trail saying that you're on private land and not to leave the trail. I would prefer they didn't, but it's easier than fighting this mess. I wonder if there was any precedence set as to why the FlyingJ did that? Maybe they too lost a case? I'm not old enough to know that and my google searches were fruitless.

Thanks for taking this on Rob - donated a little bit ago.

Donation sent. Thanks, again. Please keep us updated, without jeopardizing the case.

I see from the website . . . The case will be heard on February 16th. Where will this be held? Just curious, if . . . . If I can make it . . . . I would be interested in attending to show support as I'm sure others would, as well.

It would be in the Justice Court in Big Timber.

It would be in the Justice Court in Big Timber.
Yes, but be aware the date might change to a later date. In fact the DA told me it probably would change but I haven't been given a new date.

I added the Justice Court of Sweet Grass County address and map link to the updates section of the webpage.

Feb 16 (date could change), 10:00 am, Justice Court or Sweet Grass Hills, 200 W. 1st Ave., Big Timber, Montana - MAP LINK

As soon as Rob provides the date change, I will get that updated.

I also added the 1925 map showing the trail, though I didn't see any trail numbers on that map, the trail was in existence at that time. The R.S. abbreviation is for the Ranger Stations they had throughout the trail system. I have to begin scanning all these FOIA documents for the case, there is some great information here. Also found some old historical documents and studies of that area online. This will be helpful in proving the public's use of that trail over time.

Last edited:
Because the US Congress tells USFS leadership to stay away from these kind of issues. They work for Congress. Congress wants to give these lands to adjacent landownere, either by deed or beneficial use, which ever means is easiest.

Get any senior USFS leader off the record, buy them a beer, and the message is the same, "Create a stir and you'll be assigned janitorial duties."

Thanks. I believe you, but that is unreal and seems corrupt as hell.

Thanks. I believe you, but that is unreal and seems corrupt as hell.

It is corrupt as hell, yet real as it gets.

Not sure why we hired qualified land and resource managers to work on our behalf, if Congress wants them to stand on the sidelines and do nothing. But, thinking about that, it is Congress after all, so I need to adjust my expectations accordingly.

Not sure why we hired qualified land and resource managers to work on our behalf, if Congress wants them to stand on the sidelines and do nothing. But, thinking about that, it is Congress after all, so I need to adjust my expectations accordingly.

And we are now shutting down Twitter accounts of the National Park Service.

And requiring EPA studies to have political approval before science can be released.

If you have any expectations left, you need to pass along whatever gives you reason.

Because if they did the job, congress would be upset that the government was actually functioning, and then they wouldn't be able to throw out the accusation that government is bad and wasteful..

Just donated. Its up to $4,912.
Thanks! We have to update manually so the site isn't currently showing we blew through $5200 this afternoon!

If you don't have a lot of money but still want to just show support throw in $5. It adds up. Plus numbers count as well as dollars. If the Landowner and the County Attorney sees I've got 500 people backing me he's going to wonder about the wisdom of poking a hornet's nest.

Sorry, just updated, people were calling about the rally and HB 231, I got sidetracked. Good to see the support.

Back