My 2016 Idaho Moose Adventure

Congrats! I got rained out on my Idaho moose adventure. Was basically a scouting trip. Headed back at end of this month with a couple of buddies and will get it done. Appreciate the story and pics!

Congrats on a great shiras moose Joe! When I shot mine in ID, I didn't have the luxury of having two extra able and willing backs to help with the packing out chores. Really glad your son and friend were able to be there for the duration.

Congrats,on a great moose!! Man that heart is huge, was it good and tasty?
The heart was great just like every other heart I've eaten pretty much. The steaks are incredible! I once said Pronghorn was my favorite wild game steak to eat but that has changed.

Congrats on the bull, and thanks for sharing. Hope I can hunt one of those some day.

Thanks guys!

Congrats on the bull, and thanks for sharing. Hope I can hunt one of those some day.

I hope it comes together for you soon! They are amazing critters. I just wish I'd had more prior experience with them. This was the second live bull moose I've ever seen so it was agonizing deciding if I should pull the trigger. That said, now that I have eaten several meals of moose I don't know if I will ever pass a legal moose again.

Thanks again for following along and for the congrats. Here are a few final pictures of the adventure....

The moment I knew for certain I had killed a moose.

The first time I laid hands on a moose! Just in awe....

Ben trying to capture just how thick the hide of a bull moose is! It's unbelievable.....no wonder taxidermists' charge a fortune to deal with a moose.

The only way I can pack out half a moose in one load after having 4 knee surgeries in the the last 18 months. We still had to pack him a way on our backs but luckily not the 3 miles to the gate...

Congrats on a great moose and the hunt of a lifetime with your son. Moose steaks are tasty.

Congrats on a great bull! My wife and I will be heading out to fill her tag in a couple weeks. Can't Wait!!!

Back