Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

MT opener

None of you guys said driving all the way from Minnesota and coyote calling in bright orange suits!! Got to be honest, I didn’t see this one coming.

Pro tip: when it’s dead calm you don’t need to run your wildlife technologies e-call at max volume😂😂

Happy to report a couple elk down this morning. One of which I took a 12 yo out and he harvested his first bull. A nice 6x7, wish I would've videoed it.
Wow. I retract every negative thing I ever said about you. lol that’s awesome, congrats to the boy. I look forward to seeing some pics!

After the sun rose, I took my buddy and his son to a trail head that was empty. Where lowlands are overlooked and I have harvested numerous elk.

I won’t post pictures of their faces, but the smile on the seven year old’s face when his dad thumped the spike was all the hunting season I may ever need.

IMG_6174.jpeg

It's been a pretty quiet day in the elk woods so far. I haven't really ran into any people or elk for that matter. It has been a very nice and warm day.View attachment 298179
I was surprised to find that I only passed 2 camps and 1 other truck on the way up this morning. I've heard 3 shots total from long distance. Lots of fresh elk sign just no elk in it yet.

After the sun rose, I took my buddy and his son to a trail head that was empty. Where lowlands are overlooked and I have harvested numerous elk.

I won’t post pictures of their faces, but the smile on the seven year old’s face when his dad thumped the spike was all the hunting season I may ever need.

View attachment 298169
AWESOME NEWS!!! Glad kids were there to see it!!!

Keep the kid reports coming!!! Lovin' them!! Be it as non gun totin' partners or gun toters.

Last edited:
Look at me, Look at me, I'm from MT and we can just skip opening weekend!

Skip an opening rifle weekend in Colorado and its 22%-40% of your season GONE!
Look at me. I’m from Colorado where there’s elk and we don't need half the year to run a success rate barely over single digits on mostly rag horns.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back