Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

MT opener

The Hedgehog

Anybody else camped out - waiting for daylight to start looking, counting down the hours? Tomorrow will be my 43rd MT opener. Always exciting - even though I’m doubting I’ll see a damn thing. Saw only a boo-boo bear today, glassing the first and last hours from good vantage points. Good luck everybody.

I’ll be sitting out the first opener since I was old enough to hunt tomorrow morning sounds like I’ll get some time in the evening though.

This will be my 8th opener in Montana. I didn’t do many of the openers in Ohio growing up because of school and they start gun season on a Monday.

I always get excited but have never harvested anything on any opening day for any season lol. Yet somehow I feel very optimistic tomorrow. Going to slip in before daybreak and sit in climber hunting whitetail since I can’t do any real mountain hunting yet with my knee recovering.

So, tonight, I’m camped out at my house, blessed my wife is making zucchini and pumpkin bread for me so I don’t starve tomorrow while out on the big hunt. Going to have a coors stubby and sleep as well as I can although it’s about like Christmas Eve when I was 8, just when I fall asleep I’ll prly wake up ready to go lol.

Not camping now but I will be in position to see some country a few miles in by daylight. We are about even on opening days but I started a little earlier and spent a few out of state.
Not my most productive day but I just can't sit one out. The alarm is set for 3 am.

Hate on me but I'll be the guy making all the racket cutting firewood. Probably the last day this year Ill have the opportunity so I'm doing it. Its not in what I would consider a "prime elk area" so don't get your panties in too much of a wad.

Good luck to all and I hope to see that "elk, lets see them" thread get lit up.

Tightening the boots as we speak. Time to dig up an old ninja warrior troll.(last one of those I killed in Montana was a decade ago) I don’t think I have ever killed a damn thing on opener going back 31 years but you won’t unless you’re out there. Good luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back