PEAX Equipment

MT Archery Bull

Drake4

Had a great day in the elk woods on Sunday. Critter and I coaxed this guy and his 12-15 cows out of his bedding area just before dark. We had a pretty good ambush spot set up, as we listened to them calling back and forth below us, and the bull bugling and chuckling up a storm. It was a pretty cool scene, as his cows fed by us at 15 yards or so. I was able to get an arrow in him at 36 yards as he followed his cows up out of the draw.

All in all, it was a pretty sweet 26 hour day that started at 2am Sunday and ended at 4am Monday when we rolled back into town. It was a short night as the work alarm went off at 6am.

Huge thanks to Critter for the packing help and the good laughs throughout the day. We'll keep at least one good story off the internet for now. :)

Here's to hoping our goat hunt turns out just as well! It is almost time to chase billies..

I think they have been using this spot..
DSC00947.jpg

A couple hero shots..
DSC00974.jpg
DSC00977.jpg

After the shot..he hunkered up for a bit in site the whole time.
DSC00954.jpg

The last load....It's tough to find good pacing help at midnight. Thanks again Matt!
DSC00984.jpg

Awesome! Congrats on sweet bull. Seeing this stuff is making it really hard to go to class...

Sweet bull man, glad to be a part of it!! Was an awesome day afield considering we both could have tagged out if we wanted.

Great day with great company, lets go get your goat now!!

Oh, the story............are you talking about my rest falling off my bow or when we had the elk at 50 yards and nature told me in a quick hurry that i was going to have to run with the TP instead of shooting an elk..........??:D It would have been a much less comfortable day if i would have chose the latter;) For both of us......

Great bull and awesome job on the assist critter. Congrats to you both!

Congrats on a great looking bull. You guys are killing me with these pictures of elk while I'm stuck in onion harvest, but keep the pics coming anyway.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back