NEW SITKA Ambient 75

moving to BOZEMAN

frenchflorida

Dear All,

I am not new to the forum but I will be moving from Florida to Bozeman next week. To say that I look forward to Fall 2020 would be an understatement.

I have been hunting mostly public land deer, wild hogs and quails in Florida and Georgia. I hope to have the chance to hunt elk and mule deer in the next couple of years. Besides big game, I am into upland, I have a field-bred golden retriever and would be very interested in grouse hunting. I am interested in fly fishing for trout too.

I would like to connect with local hunters/anglers around Bozeman and participate in social activities.

Feel free to connect on IG:

Best

Matt

If you don't already have a house, I can get you the number for a great real estate person. One of the top seven percent in the nation last year. I went to high school with her and her husband.

Sign up for Backcountry Hunters and Anglers and monitor their Montana Facebook page. They meet somewhat regularly.

Housing is in short supply, especially if you have a dog, but there's a nice house next to me that would be nice if it didn't go to a group of college partiers.

Sign up for Backcountry Hunters and Anglers and monitor their Montana Facebook page. They meet somewhat regularly.

Housing is in short supply, especially if you have a dog, but there's a nice house next to me that would be nice if it didn't go to a group of college partiers.
Thank you for the advice, I am a member of BHA, I will introduce myself to them.
The housing situation is a little crazy but we knew that before making the decision to move...
Will PM for info about next-door house
Best
Matt

but there's a nice house next to me that would be nice if it didn't go to a group of college partiers.

how-do-you-do-fellow-kids-steve-buscemi.gif

If you don't already have a house, I can get you the number for a great real estate person. One of the top seven percent in the nation last year. I went to high school with her and her husband.
Would love to get her contact. Thank you!

Dear All,

I am not new to the forum but I will be moving from Florida to Bozeman next week. To say that I look forward to Fall 2020 would be an understatement.

I have been hunting mostly public land deer, wild hogs and quails in Florida and Georgia. I hope to have the chance to hunt elk and mule deer in the next couple of years. Besides big game, I am into upland, I have a field-bred golden retriever and would be very interested in grouse hunting. I am interested in fly fishing for trout too.

I would like to connect with local hunters/anglers around Bozeman and participate in social activities.

Feel free to connect on IG:

Best

Matt

Get your driver's license and plates ASAP, don't screw around and sit on that one.

Your 6 month "probation" period for residency status starts when you get your driver's license. If you want to hunt in sept as a resident don't dawdle.

Get your driver's license and plates ASAP, don't screw around and sit on that one.

Your 6 month "probation" period for residency status starts when you get your driver's license. If you want to hunt in sept as a resident don't dawdle.
Not true. Residency is 180 days after being physically present in the state. However, licenses and registrations must be switched to MT before you can buy a resident tag.

Yes, thank you I should be able to hunt Sept 1st!

noted! thank you.
Also, you CANNOT hold any resident licenses from any other state. I.e. if you've already bought 2020 resident licenses in Florida, you're screwed to be a resident in MT this year for hunting and fishing.

Not true. Residency is 180 days after being physically present in the state. However, licenses and registrations must be switched to MT before you can buy a resident tag.

Kinda, but I’m right ;)

You have to prove you have made Montana your physical residence or abode. The date of the document that demonstrates this is your official start date. For instance you could live in Montana for 5 years living out of your truck and if you never got a drivers license, plates, registered to vote, rented a house, purchased a house, etc etc then you would not be considered a resident.

You can use a rental agreement or mortgage for your start date, though some places won’t accept those. Your drivers license is a prerequisite and the most common way of proving residency so that’s why I suggested it.

31C9C925-8F61-43A2-9661-4CACF9D216E0.jpeg

For instance you could live in Montana for 5 years living out of your truck and if you never got a drivers license, plates, registered to vote, rented a house, purchased a house, etc etc then you would not be considered a resident.
This is not entirely true.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back