Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Montana Success

280rem

My muledeer i harvested in Eastern Montana.

2qa8ilw.jpg

I was stalking another buck near the Yellowstone river & it didn't pan out. We decided to get up high & glass the river bottom below. Just seen a bunch of whitetails roaming around so we decided to go check out another area. We started back down when we bumped into this buck about 100 yards away with a bunch of does. I was fortunate enough to drop him with a 150gr Nosler Partition from my 280. The buck field dressed over 300lbs & i've been smiling ever since..

Good looking deer. Nice hat as well, I've got the same one. Is it safe to say you bought a Hoyt in 03?

Already at the taxidermist along with my whitetail.

I have an 04 XTEC & yes i love the hat, it's my goodluck hat & i'd be lost with out it! It came with the 03 Razortec that i sold last year, but i ain't sellin my hat!

Thanks Guys!

I got my hat like that with my 03 Ultratec, mine is my fishing and shed hunting hat. Its been pretty good luck for me as well.

nice wish i'd have found one like that. i really like muleys over whitetails.
guess that comes from growing up in white tail country. when i was a kid in sundance i thought it was something special to see muley's. white tail were every where. i never got over it. big white tails still excite me but i have never killed one i consider big.above average i could kill every year 140" and lower but 170" i have never had a shot at i know they are there. i have seen them after the season but never during the season.
muleys i have above average too but the 180" bucks i never see. i could if i hunted other areas arround the state or if i would go limited quota areas. close as i ever got was 178 and change.
i also get bummed when i have to hunt with a rifle i prefer my bow. i'd defenatly thrown a arrow at that one you have and been tickled to death even if i missed.

Yep, got a place already picked out on the wall. Of course the wife wasn't happy with my choice. Can't wait until next fall!!!

Glad to hear that you got your way !!
I dont have to worry about that, as long as they stay in my room. Got that sweet deal when we purchased the new house. Every guy needs his own room. Make sure to sare the pics when you get him back.

Gerry, Great Buck! All of those sleepless nights waiting for that hunt finally paid off. Congrats my friend.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back