Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Montana Resident MSG Free Lottery

Big Sky Guy

Maybe this has already been discussed and I missed it but couldn’t find anything in the search. Just curious what the goal of this is? To get everyone to buy their licenses sooner?

#opportunity?

Attachments

• IMG_1684.jpeg
    IMG_1684.jpeg
    296.8 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
I think that’s pretty cool if perhaps it’s specific districts that won’t see a negative impact.. shit even just a ewe or a cow moose would be super super cool to ME

And probably take all your bonus points too. Wonder if it’s good for any unit though?
It'll be a mountain goat tag for region 705.

I predict the logic is to get more people that are going to buy tags to buy them in that time frame so they can anticipate fall pressure. And jokes aside, it is interesting that they don't declare that this is a supertag, but I am almost certain it will be.

It'll be a mountain goat tag for region 705.

I predict the logic is to get more people that are going to buy tags to buy them in that time frame so they can anticipate fall pressure. And jokes aside, it is interesting that they don't declare that this is a supertag, but I am almost certain it will be.
Could just make residents apply in the draw 🙄

All the dumbest hunting related stuff comes out of Montana these days.

Noteworthy about this new statute, is that unlike the supertag, this does not accomplish any additional proceeds to be earmarked for anything in particular. It simply seems like a way to potentially reward a resident for buying a deer or elk tag. Not really much to write home about though. Residents will continue to buy a supertag or two for their species of choice, and residents still have to apply for region specific tags.

I vaguely remember when this came up during the session (turns out there were more important things going on), and it was met with a collective shrug.

I wonder how many laws make it into the books based on collective shrugs.

Edit: @DFS it is an additional supertag, on top of the already existing tags. One more animal harvested.

Last edited:
So somebody could get the MSG supertag, even if they didn't really want one? Sounds like a good idea. Actually sounds like good reason to not both buying any.

So somebody could get the MSG supertag, even if they didn't really want one? Sounds like a good idea. Actually sounds like good reason to not both buying any.
Moose OR goat OR sheep at the discretion of the commission. So if you draw it you might get moose, but if you want a sheep supertag, you still have to apply for sheep/buy supertag chances.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back