Caribou Gear Tarp

Montana opening day bull

ismith

Well I after posting a picture of my bull on the raghorn express thread I guess I should post up some more pictures. I shot him at 6:30 on Saturday night after hiking in about 5 miles to a spot I wanted to listen for bugles at. I reached the rock outcropping and was just setting my pack down when I heard a racket down in the timber below. I spotted a nice bull working some brush over and went after him. With alot of luck and a shot I cant recall much about( I was close enough to put my first three pins in his vitals) this was the result.
V__3824.jpg

I tryed waiting 30 minutes and I think I made it 10 before I started following his blood trail. The blood was foamy red and the trail became stronger. 15 minutes later I saw this.
V__F394.jpg

V__813C.jpg

V__624F.jpg

I was pretty overwelmed by his body size and decided that with a couple hours of light left and a hour and a half drive to cell phone coverage I needed to get him gutted and get help.
V__BE52.jpg

more to follow.............

Congratulations!!

Sure wish we had grass like that in the southwest but are drought has been terrible. The only plus is that water is at premium. Not much luck because there either on private or the wolves have them moved elsewhere.

I think thats more 1st class on the train.I'm hoping to get a seat though even if in the back.great shot and awesome bull;congrats

Way to go, Great bull! Not sure what is more impressive though the elk or blood trail!

I was just in a sporting goods store in Bozeman and some disappointed fellas were moaning the blues. They proclaimed that it is a waste of time to hunt before the 15th. The fact they had hunted this weekend and saw/heard nothing, was their proof.

Obviously, someone forgot to tell ismith and his bull that you cannot kill an elk until the 15th.

Very cool how you snuck in on him. Congrats.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back