PEAX Equipment

Montana MSG Results...

There's no way I'm the only hunttalker that drew this year, somebody else has got to be holding out.

There's no way I'm the only hunttalker that drew this year, somebody else has got to be holding out.

Thats what I have been thinking all darn day. I am thinking it is kinda like winning the mega millions someone out there is holding a breaks ram tag and hasn't came out yet.....

Was hoping my family could report that they would join you in representing the Hunt Talk crew for M/G/S in Montana. Nope. Hope you need some help on this hunt. September looks pretty open and I could use a reason to extend my day hikes further into the mountains.

Good luck to Randy 11 and others that drew limited tags. I didn't expect to draw a MSG license, but I'm hoping for a elk b or pronghorn buck tag.

Good luck to Randy 11 and others that drew limited tags. I didn't expect to draw a MSG license, but I'm hoping for a elk b or pronghorn buck tag.

Ya, that would be like walking up to the gas station counter knowing your buying the winning powerball ticket!

There has got to be a few more guys out there holding out...

No MSG tags for me this year, What part of the state is your goat tag for Randy? It may be time for me to head north for a few days to help out.

Nothing for me. My last hope is a long shot at one of the super tags.

Thanks everyone, looking forward to getting to explore some new country.

My tag is good for the Gallatin range. It doesn't sound like it's any secret on where to find goats in this unit, but I'm all ears nonetheless if anyone has any advice.

seriously... Randy is the only one?? I, my daughter and cuople other friends all struck out. One co-worker drew 330 Moose though! Good for him. Along with a Nevada 22 Bull tag! He's gonna have a fun fall.

I can't figure how I didn't draw a Ewe permit on my first choice, I may as well never apply for anything again.

I am in the same boat. I have a feeling that these ewe hunts are getting to be more popular as residents and non residents alike realize how miniscule their chances are of ever drawing a ram tag.

You too proud to climb in the crewcab? I better start doing some jumping jacks...

Where is Travis in this converstion? Does he not have the interweb up on the border?

The old interweb is not available at my motel up here, but I do occasionally make the walk down the road to this here Subway to reconnect with the rest of the world.

No luck in the draw for me or anyone I know, but I might be available as a packer/spotter for Randy if he wants the help. I can't think of anything much better than chasing those white beasts up in the high country.

I am probably going to make some enemies after posting this one, but after 41 years of applying and never drawing any of the big 3 my dad drew both a moose tag and a sheep tag, and my uncle who helped me on my goat hunt drew a goat tag in the area I got mine last year. It should be a very busy and interesting year for our hunting party. I am working out of state and won't have the option to take all season off like I did last year but I plan to make it home as much as possible to help with their hunts. Very excited for September to come to say the least.

I am probably going to make some enemies after posting this one, but after 41 years of applying and never drawing any of the big 3 my dad drew both a moose tag and a sheep tag, and my uncle who helped me on my goat hunt drew a goat tag in the area I got mine last year. It should be a very busy and interesting year for our hunting party. I am working out of state and won't have the option to take all season off like I did last year but I plan to make it home as much as possible to help with their hunts. Very excited for September to come to say the least.

No enemies made. Congrats to all. That is exciting. I've only applied for 24 years, so I am thinking I am just getting started, compared to what your dad invested in this process.

Look forward to stories and pics when the time comes.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back