PEAX Equipment

Modern Mapping on your personal hand held device

premieroffroad

The days of paper maps are gone! There are some of you that know your way around your own stomping grounds and hats off to you for knowing your stuff.
As an owner of a RZR Side by Side Rental co I needed digital maps that worked for my customers phones and I-pads. Found a company in Phoenix that custom builds maps THAT REALLY WORK! This man built several maps for me that cover far more than just one hunt area with great detail. What is truly exciting is that the maps find your precise location on the screen, in the map. It works even without an internet signal. He made one that is a full color Topo and one that is an amazing satellite image of my areas of choice!
If you are looking for custom maps that really work send an email to this guy.
WELL worth the money!
THANK YOU STAT-MAPS! EMAIL TO : [email protected]

If you rely on tech, and don't carry a compass and paper maps, you're not prepared. mtmuley

Last edited:
Last month while elk hunting in AZ with my brother we used a plain old fashioned compass to get back on track heading in the right direction back to the truck. It was a cloudy drizzly day and we were in the thick black timber and it was impossible to tell which way we were walking. You couldn't see any landmarks or the sun.

Guess maps like that would work if you never get away from your UTV/ATV or whatever the heck you call them. mtmuley

did you have your smart phone in your pocket? his maps would have popped into the screen and found your positions is seconds...on your phone. it even would have tracked where you had gone.

where i hunted this year no phone service, last year in a different area no service, the year before that no cell service. So my first 3 years of elk hunting no cell service. I carry a gps with extra batteries and a glow in the dark compass. And a paper map.

Presence/absence of cell service has nothing to do with using a smart phone as a GPSr. Welcome to the 21st century!

I would use UTVs to hunt but can never get the speakers loud enough to jam as I cruise along the roads looking for critters. Anyone know a nice swivel mount to get my 1000 yard rifle all "rat patrol" so can squeeze off rounds while still enjoying world class lumbar support? I learned my lesson when drew one of those silly wilderness hunts and had to listen to that annoying mother nature all week. Drove me nuts. Give me freeway noise with dozens of quads zooming by for a most enjoyable hunt!

Mr. Lope.
I very seldom rent to hunters.
But the customers that use the intelligent guidance of the modern PDA ALWAYS have a great time. They never worry about where they are or where they are going.
Just a suggestion for guys hunting in unknown areas!

If you rely on tech, and don't carry a compass and paper maps, you're not prepared. mtmuley

This. I have a GPS and mapping apps on my phone. Still carry a compass and maps. The other week we were out and I could not get a lock using my GPS. While I was very familiar with the area, having a compass/map and the knowledge to use it could have gotten me out of a sticky situation, should it have arisen. I love tech as much as the next guy, but it has limitations.

I am not tech savy but do have a smart phone, question... when I don't have any reception my phone just keeps searching and eats the battery up big time. How do you guys that use one prevent this, or just turn it off and on as needed.

I am not tech savy but do have a smart phone, question... when I don't have any reception my phone just keeps searching and eats the battery up big time. How do you guys that use one prevent this, or just turn it off and on as needed.
Turn it on airplane mode. If you rely on maps coat them with parafin so you can use them to start a fire if you get lost because you can't see landmarks.

We had another version of this and I had my GPS. We also had paper maps. the paper maps were never used and soon my GPS was only used some of the time. The crispness and size of the screen soon made the phone app the preferred alternative. Paper maps are utterly worthless in the timber when it is dark. The ability to find your location on a map at all times is incredibly beneficial. I am more old school than new technology driven, so it was reluctantly that I used this type of technology. Once you try it, it will be your go to navigational tool. However, always bring a backup. Electronics can and will fail.

Kind of seems like advertising... on a site sponsored by onxmaps...

Kind of seems like advertising... on a site sponsored by onxmaps...

It is a good time to point out that onxmaps has so many advantages I can't imagine anything being competitive. $29.99 for your iPhone.

The one time when paper maps come in handy for me are when I want to sit down and discuss the area with someone. It is a lot easier to see the big picture when you can unfold a map and point instead of scrolling around on a screen.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back