Merino Wool Boxer Briefs

LandDiver

What brand you guys going with? Need to pick up a pair and wondering if those $50 pairs are my only option.

Thank you.

I am not a fan of the Black Ovis ones. Very constricting around the bottom band.

I absolutely love my red desert boxers from first lite. Wore them on s 9 day wilderness hunt in Idaho last fall and they didn't stink even on the last day. They didn't smell just washed but didn't stink. Probably the best base layer money I have spent. They didn't ride up and were very comfortable in all weather conditions I experienced, and truly wicked the moisture away from the region.

I will add that I love my first lite boxers. I usually wait on close out prices for the camo pairs. Who cares what color they are under your pants? And in case you ever want to go on a stalk in your boxers, you'll be set.

Appreciate all the responses so quickly. First lite was one of the brands I seen pop up.

Looks like the website black ovis has the cheapest price for solid colors that I've seen so far. I'll keep looking. I'll check out the other names as well.

Thank you everyone.

I have only ever used Icebreaker, brilliant stuff, but make sure the wife doesn't find them and wash in fabric conditioner!
Cheers
Richard

If you are looking for non merino but poly pro, look at the Mothwing. All I ever wear year round. Get them on Camofire.

First lite, I prefer the areolite ones, they are a bit longer and dont ride up like the red desert ones do.

I've tried the minus 33 and icebreaker. Neither overly impressed me with fit and and feel. I just can't stomach the cost of FL for undies

I've tried the minus 33 and icebreaker. Neither overly impressed me with fit and and feel. I just can't stomach the cost of FL for undies

It will be the best money you've ever spent when its day 5 of a bivy hunt and crappy UA syntheic boxer briefs have made your junk so itchy that you're damn well convinced that you got a herd of fire ants in there.

I bought 5 pairs of the core4 element merino boxers off camofire. Wore them a few times hunting here in PA and our pronghorn hunt in WY last fall. I'm not impressed with the quality. One pair wore out already in only a few uses. Might have to look at the FL ones when I go to replace them.

I have tried the minus and the cabellas brand ( made by ice breaker) and I like the cabellas brand better. Both a little more reasonable than the first lite.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back