BS hunting pants sizes

Short dude solidarity!

I've tried kuiu 28 and 30 waist, short and regular inseam. These pants are not for me.
Dude I’m 6ft and my guide pants are double rolled on the bottoms… 🤷‍♂️

Not sure what the deal is with their sizing.

What is this the little legs post. I am 5’11 and with 33/34 waist with 32 inseam and never ever hemmed anything. You guys must be long in torso or something.

Dude I’m 6ft and my guide pants are double rolled on the bottoms… 🤷‍♂️

Not sure what the deal is with their sizing.

The legs actually aren't the problem for me. The waist is good, the length is good. I'm not convinced the people at Kuiu know what human hips look like though. The attack pants chafe something fierce.

I'm done returning them and trying to find the right size. I'm just going to turn them in on something different.

Learning to use a sewing machine changed my game. Hem and repair most of my own stuff now.
Married a girl with sewing skills. Sure it’s $2500 a year in fabrics, but if I need something mended, I’ve got access to her machines.

You know what really grinds my gears… the fact that I can’t find a nice pair of hunting pants that don’t have to be hemmed. I’m no Manute Bol, I’m 5’7 160 lbs. I’ve ordered every damn brand and it seems like and they all have to be hemmed for my needs. Granted, I’m a 30 inch inseam that shrinks some with boots…. But why the hell can’t I find a pair of nice pair of pants that don’t near bout reach my toes before I have them tailored. Is a 32x30 too much to ask? BS I say, short man rant over!
Kuiu. Regular, short or long.

You know what really grinds my gears… the fact that I can’t find a nice pair of hunting pants that don’t have to be hemmed. I’m no Manute Bol, I’m 5’7 160 lbs. I’ve ordered every damn brand and it seems like and they all have to be hemmed for my needs. Granted, I’m a 30 inch inseam that shrinks some with boots…. But why the hell can’t I find a pair of nice pair of pants that don’t near bout reach my toes before I have them tailored. Is a 32x30 too much to ask? BS I say, short man rant over!
Prana Stretch Zion Pants. My favorite hunting pants for a number of years now. Having a built in belt is nice too as it precludes needing an actual belt which is a no-go with a backpack on. They make odd waist sizes as well as 28 - 36" inseams. They're super tough. Get the "standard fit."

Prana Stretch Zion Pants. My favorite hunting pants for a number of years now. Having a built in belt is nice too as it precludes needing an actual belt which is a no-go with a backpack on. They make odd waist sizes as well as 28 - 36" inseams. They're super tough. Get the "standard fit."

So...yoga pants...LOL

Those are great.

It seems like sizing standards are changing. The opposite of shrinkflation, enlargementflation to match the growing size of the average Merkan. I’m wearing mostly Mediums these days in outdoor clothing when 15-20+ years ago I’d have bought a large - and I’m slightly larger now than I was back then, too. Today, a large in most things is ginormous for me. Maybe it’s to make the fatties feel a little better about themselves. I don’t know. 🤷‍♂️

I can sew, but no use for the skill on most pants, since I normally float around 32x32. Always in stock, but they never make it to the clearance rack.

And to commiserate slightly, 32 waist these days is often just a little too snug but 34 waist is always too big. No bueno!

I ordered some quick dry boxer briefs.
When I got them I pulled out a new pair after a shower.

They have no slot, but a sack to hold little babies instead.
Of course I ripped them off and stuffed all in the garbage, and went back in the shower to shake the evil demons from my head.

Love my old zions, but I’m convinced they changed the fit on those things a couple years ago and they are way looser than they used to be!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back