Matthews NoCam

There was one at our Vegas league last night and it was QUIET....

I'd say that the cam action is there, but the draw cycle is smooth and gradual. Like the Smooth mods I noticed on some Bow tech target bows.

at a 5.28 pounds it is going to be a target bow rather than hunting bow for most people.

Last edited:
There was one at our Vegas league last night and it was QUIET....

I'd say that the cam action is there, but the draw cycle is smooth and gradual. Like the Smooth mods I noticed on some Bow tech target bows.

at a 5.28 pounds it is going to be a target bow rather than hunting bow for most people.

The TRG is a target bow. The HTR is the hunting model and is 4.25 pounds.

I shot one today at an archery shop. It actually looks way better in person. Super easy to draw, no hand shock and very quiet. Also shot the PSE Full Throttle (NO thanks!) and the Bowtech Prodigy (yes please!)

Still can't give up my Z28 though.

Emrah

That's interesting for sure. But ultimately what does it give us in the field? When looking at the onslaught of new bows every year I have to always say "will this make me a more effective hunter?" I think the long and short is not really when you compare it to your current set-up.

I'm also reminded of the gun guys who are bent on reducing their 200 yard groups from .80" to .65" by buying some $2000 gun. If you are using this as a hunting weapon I don't think the deer or elk are gonna notice .15". However, if you are doing it because it is your hobby to have the latest and greatest and try to make your groups as small as possible I'm all for supporting you. I'm just not sure it's something I need.

Still a cool idea though.

Sorta reminds me of an updated version of the old Martin Speed-Flite wheel bows from the '90s. I still have mine and it still draws VERY smooth.

No Cam Deluxe

When I saw the title "no cam" I thought they were finally getting around to designing the longbow...been no cam for thousands of years.

I'm with you Flynarrow, I thought it was going to be some tricked out, bedazzled recurve :eek:

1 pointer touched on it with the cam design. They took old school cam properties, made a three track binary, and called it revolutionary. Nobody markets their product better (harder) then Mathews.

Perhaps they should reinvest into their company, and people, more and less into Tiffany and Dave. Then they wouldn't have had to lay a bunch of people off.

They have essentially split the module and put it on both sides of the string track. You have an inner cam on one side and your letoff on the other. Not a speed bow but it should do just fine.

A compound bow is nothing more than a handle with a spring on each end, and a leveraging mechanism that enables us to bend those limbs. How much of the limbs energy is released to the string is dependent on the cam design. The new Mathews does what Hollis Allen's first compound did back in the 60's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back