NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Mason Texas here we come

huntin' lunatic

We leave for our long awaited deer hunt monday morning. My son and a couple of other buddies are going on a 3 day mangement hunt. The freezer is empty and Good Lord willing, the deer will cooperate.

Last edited:
Mason Mountain WMA? Or a ranch out that way?

Either way, take lots of pictures.

Good Luck....

Gradyt, it's a 5,300 acre place that TPWD manages. Our hunt happens to be for 4pt bucks and under. Have already been told to bring camera and and getting the batteries charged right now. Our hunt starts tuesday and ends thursday. In August you send in applications and then they do a random draw. We sent in apps to 6 places. They even have a lodge there where we will be staying. I've never been a trophy hunter, most of my trophies wind up in the freezer. So I told my son, be ready to get your nerves racked seeing big deer and just being able to shoot them with a camera. It's going to be a great way to start of the New Year. Bucnutz, love that qoute.

Last edited:
I've been applying in August for bunches of hunts with no luck over the past couple years. Congrats on the tag and have a great time with your son. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Make darn sure you eat lunch at Coopers bbq! I did a hog hunt near mason years ago.

My wife and I drew the management hunt there last year. It's a beautiful area. We did alot of walking during he afternoon hours just looking around. Lots of deer.

The highpoint was seeing a 170+ typical w/ wicked G2s at about 100 yards.

Neat place....and best of luck.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back