Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Looking for info on ND units 4A, 4B, 4C, and some 3B2

HUNT7503

I was lucky enough to draw a once in a lifetime Cow Elk tag for ND Unit E2. This unit covers ND deer units 4A, 4B, 4C, and some 3B2. I am truly excited for this hunt. I would appreciate any info, advice, or leads on hunting Elk in this unit. Thanks in advance for leads and comments.

If your from ND and the hunt is in ND. I would suggest burning bootleather this summer and figuring it out yourself. The info you get firsthand will be better than from some schmuck on the internet. But hey what do I know, I'm some random dude on the internet.

Contact NDGF and speak with the biologist for some potential starting points. I would plan on putting alot of miles on your truck and boots as they are pretty spread out throughout the unit. Those who fill their tag typically put alot into the hunt and spend alot of time in the field. Those who only go a few weekends here or there are lucky to even see one and typically do not fill their tag. Good luck and enjoy the experience!

Contact NDGF and speak with the biologist for some potential starting points. I would plan on putting alot of miles on your truck and boots as they are pretty spread out throughout the unit. Those who fill their tag typically put alot into the hunt and spend alot of time in the field. Those who only go a few weekends here or there are lucky to even see one and typically do not fill their tag. Good luck and enjoy the experience!
Sound good

If your from ND and the hunt is in ND. I would suggest burning bootleather this summer and figuring it out yourself. The info you get firsthand will be better than from some schmuck on the internet. But hey what do I know, I'm some random dude on the internet.
It is a pretty big unit got some info from previous threads just trying to eliminate some areas before wasting to much gas or boot leather.

Best help in E2 i can give would be north of Lone Butte, or in the killdeer mountain wildlife area. Like i said before we only spent a week there trying for his. Boots on the ground and knocking on doors will go a long way. If it was E3 i could help a lot more. Cherry creek is a name that stick out in my head from years ago as well.

Best help in E2 i can give would be north of Lone Butte, or in the killdeer mountain wildlife area. Like i said before we only spent a week there trying for his. Boots on the ground and knocking on doors will go a long way. If it was E3 i could help a lot more. Cherry creek is a name that stick out in my head from years ago as well.
Thanks for the info i have heard the same about some of the areas you mentioned. But i will add lone butte to my list of areas i need to check out.

Thanks for the info i have heard the same about some of the areas you mentioned. But i will add lone butte to my list of areas i need to check out.
I know just south of lone butte on private someone tagged out when we were there. I'll keep my ears open. Nodak angler site has some good info and people. I think last year people were offering up some very good leads and access. I'll throw some feelers out I know a handful out that way. I mule deer hunt 4c but have never seen elk where we hunt.

I know just south of lone butte on private someone tagged out when we were there. I'll keep my ears open. Nodak angler site has some good info and people. I think last year people were offering up some very good leads and access. I'll throw some feelers out I know a handful out that way. I mule deer hunt 4c but have never seen elk where we hunt.
Thank you sounds good

I was lucky enough to draw a once in a lifetime Cow Elk tag for ND Unit E2. This unit covers ND deer units 4A, 4B, 4C, and some 3B2. I am truly excited for this hunt. I would appreciate any info, advice, or leads on hunting Elk in this unit. Thanks in advance for leads and comments.
Flat, Flat, Flat and windy, Even more flat.

Back