PEAX Equipment

Looking for a good elk/deer .308 rifle

Pretty much every rifle made today is a good one. What your getting is opinions on guy's rifles that they like, doesn't mean you will but you might! I've never owned a Savage CF rifle but were I you that's probably where I'd start. That and the Mossberg line. I am predjuice toward wood stocks, blued metal and bolt actions, your opinion may vary! Go to gun shops and handle all the guns you can find. Some look good to one guy and not the next and some feel good to one guy and not the next. Your looking for one that looks and feels good to you. Buy a rifle YOU don't really care for and you likely won't shoot it all that well! Buy one you do like and your shooting will improve somewhat!

As many have said. Two of the best in that price range are the tikka and the bergara. I have both. Like both. I prefer the stock and trigger on the bergara and the action of the tikka…. Both shoot better than I can. Savage 110 has some good offerings below that price point as well! Good luck!

Sorry to get off subject. However, what scope magnification are people pairing with the 308? I purchased a T3X which I really like, and paired it with a 2.5-10 Viper HST. Not sure if it’s my vision, but my cross hair takes up the entire target at 200 yards at 10x. Finding the process of sighting it in at 200 yards difficult.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pam Fetzner
Back