NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Logo Gear?

Sorry, I have to disagree.
I don't see this as branding for EGO or PROFIT especially where Fin is concerned.

Sorry I didn't mean BF... I deleted a paragraph about a local "brand name" and didn't mean to imply randy was doing that.

We have a local "Lifestyle wear" company whose only "product" is their Logo. Hugely popular for highschool kids to pay good money for a huge sticker for their truck or an overpriced hoody. I guess that is for ego and profit.

Sorry I didn't mean BF... I deleted a paragraph about a local "brand name" and didn't mean to imply randy was doing that.

We have a local "Lifestyle wear" company whose only "product" is their Logo. Hugely popular for highschool kids to pay good money for a huge sticker for their truck or an overpriced hoody. I guess that is for ego and profit.

We have been hounding Fin to do this and now he is coming through. (Note to Fin: For now keep the logo offered items to a minimum until you see how it goes. No sense tying up a chunk of change only to have them sit in boxes waiting for owners.)

I myself, found this group of missfits and Dinkshooters because of the sticker on Moosie's truck.

May I cast a dissenting vote in a respectful manner?

To my way of thinking the on their own hunter is an individual that enjoys the hunting experience, but doesn't feel the need to push an agenda. Most of us are a subset of the general hunting public that will go above and beyond to have a patch of country to ourselves, and don't see professional help as necessary to do that. .

The appeal of the OYOA show has been to me an absence of the "in your face sound bite and catch phrase." Let's not alienate folks who are doing OYO hunting, just not in the manner WE deem acceptable.

I feel that the majority of hunting media has instilled an expectation in folks that you aren't a good hunter unless you are associated with a product or production. The badge of honor has become logo wear of the product or production in question. The assertion implied is that the person wearing the logo wear has an agenda to promote. Fine if it is a conservation organization, your shooting club, your kid's athletic league, A national park you visited, etc.

But "Branding" for the sake of ego and profit seems like something from high school.

I constantly have people telling me our business should sell sweatshirts and hats with our company logo, but we have resisted. John Deere and Harley Davidson have licensed the HELL out of their logos. I don't understand why people want to pay to advertise for something they have to pay full price for anyway.

Randy with the success you have had with the TV show, I can see there is a demand for something that people can wear to identify with you and your message. But I find myself dismissing the message when I see someone wearing something I know they ordered "from the Discovery Giftshop".

So If you are bound and determined to make logo wear....It should be in conjunction with a

THREE WOLF MOON TSHIRT

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's an agenda here. I think the logo gear is so people that agree/support the OYOA ideas, can show it.

I agree. I don't see any agenda either. From my perspective if I was driving down the freeway and saw a truck with an OYOA sticker in the window I would want to say, "Who TF are you?" Would be fun to put a face with some of the thugs on here.

on your own t shirts and hats and something like "dont need guides,I hunt on my own"d.i.y. or something like that in a camo or orange camo version would be cool.

Not edgy, but...

OYOA...in the steps of our forefathers.
OYOA...purity in the heritage.

If you decide on a tagline, go with inclusive... not something in your face or "because I hunt OYO, I'm better than you."

OYOA, Your Effort , Your Adventure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rcb2000
Back