Logo Gear?

Hats- solid color , window decal, t-shirt..

Own Your Own Adventures
"LEADING THE WAY"

Say it all with very few words. It's the power of the mind- the eyes are the windows to the mind. The curiosity will intise people to come and once they have seen they will be hooked.

I'd go for a camo t-shirt in a pattern that doesn't belong in a tree stand. I need a new long sleeve or two so I'll wait and see what comes out of this. Hats always seem to sell good at our RMEF functions and contrary to what my wife says you can never have to many.

You left out a Big Fin Bobble-Head for the Dash of the King Ranch! This kind of stuff really does get expensive fast so when you get it put together kick out a third of it and recheck everything. John

how about this for a tag line...."Hunting OYOA means never having to ask, can I take the shot?"

That's really what its all about.

Keeping with that theme: "OYO means I decide the time, place, and target"
Or, "OYO means I gut it, pack it out, and eat it"
Or, "OYO hunting is only for real men"
Or, "OYO hunting is not for wimps"
Or, "Hunt right. Hunt OYO"

I vote for "HUNT RIGHT..HUNT Own Your Own"
all but bumper stickers..the only ones selling now are Anti Obama stickers.
I think most hunting related items would sell? Useful, but still decrotive ahd sending the message of OYOA.

Fin,

Logo hats would be the best, and have a contest for the best hero shot while wearing the logo hat in 2011. I bet after a few seasons you'd have a ton of hero shots of members wearing the hat.

Gonna have them ready by bear season?

Fin,

Logo hats would be the best, and have a contest for the best hero shot while wearing the logo hat in 2011. I bet after a few seasons you'd have a ton of hero shots of members wearing the hat.

Gonna have them ready by bear season?

That's a good idea.
OYOA "where the morning climb has nothing to do with a tree stand"

That's a good idea.
OYOA "where the morning climb has nothing to do with a tree stand"
Yeah, alienating the largest portion of hunters in the country would be a good stratedgy. I hunted quite a few days on public land, with no guides, out of a tree stand this fall. Guess that's not the OYOA way according to you... :rolleyes:

Slogan:

Guides are for the other 2%
OYOA

I find my own critters, do you?
OYOA

Just pulling the trigger is not hunting
OYOA

Get a graphic of a tent and two guys sitting in chairs and write "regrouping at the lodge"

Why mess up a good thing?

I think the slogan at the top of the website works just fine. I'm tired of cheesy slogans trying to sell a pig with lipstick.

May I cast a dissenting vote in a respectful manner?

To my way of thinking the on their own hunter is an individual that enjoys the hunting experience, but doesn't feel the need to push an agenda. Most of us are a subset of the general hunting public that will go above and beyond to have a patch of country to ourselves, and don't see professional help as necessary to do that. .

The appeal of the OYOA show has been to me an absence of the "in your face sound bite and catch phrase." Let's not alienate folks who are doing OYO hunting, just not in the manner WE deem acceptable.

I feel that the majority of hunting media has instilled an expectation in folks that you aren't a good hunter unless you are associated with a product or production. The badge of honor has become logo wear of the product or production in question. The assertion implied is that the person wearing the logo wear has an agenda to promote. Fine if it is a conservation organization, your shooting club, your kid's athletic league, A national park you visited, etc.

But "Branding" for the sake of ego and profit seems like something from high school.

I constantly have people telling me our business should sell sweatshirts and hats with our company logo, but we have resisted. John Deere and Harley Davidson have licensed the HELL out of their logos. I don't understand why people want to pay to advertise for something they have to pay full price for anyway.

Randy with the success you have had with the TV show, I can see there is a demand for something that people can wear to identify with you and your message. But I find myself dismissing the message when I see someone wearing something I know they ordered "from the Discovery Giftshop".

So If you are bound and determined to make logo wear....It should be in conjunction with a

THREE WOLF MOON TSHIRT

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NTSS
Back