PEAX Equipment

Let's make sausage

wytex

25 lbs of breakfast in the morning, mostly domestic but some feral pork added. Going to try and make some Octoberfest sausage later in the week with more feral pork than this batch. Found some fresher seasonings than the one shown.
We'll have temps down into upper 20's in the morning and nice and cold all week for grinding set up in the garage.
20200504_111948.jpg20200504_112038.jpg

Man that should be excellent. I have never had Fischer's before. If you are in the mood for trying some other sausage mixings Hi-Country Meats located here in Montana has some excellent seasonings, and I mean really good!!

Today we're making Octoberfest sausage. Thanks to Henry at Hess Meats in Muenster for the seasoning, and The Butcher Block in Laramie for the casings. Will be about 2/3 pork and 1/3 antelope and deer.
IMG_1957 copy.jpg

Reactions: LCH
We made 40lbs chicken & 30lbs Peppers & Onions & Garlic & 80 lbs Dutch salt/pepper/coriander/brown sugar last week.

never done the prepackaged seasonings like that, but it looks convenient!

what stuffer do you use and would you recommend it? i've been a long time borrower of the cabelas 20lb? cylinder, it's ok

The spouse is from a little German town in Texas so we just buy the seasoning the 2 meat processors make themselves, that bag has the price for 3 different seasoning we bought.
We stuff with our grinder, have a stuffing plate for it and it works ok.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back