Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Lazer eye surgery costs?

Big Sky

Seems like quite a few of you have had lazer eye surgery. I also know there seems to be quite a bit of variance int he cost of this surgery. So how much is the running rate for both eyes in your region these days?

I have friends in New england that went to Montreal to have it done. Was about 500.00 and eye. At least half as what the local hospitals charged.
And no it wasn;t some guy doing it in his basement. ANd they did thousands. Though with the new exchange rate Canada may not be the deal it used to be. Pick someone that has done Many of these operations and go with that over price. I am considering it in the next couple years also.

Both the wife and i had it done in Winnipeg, was $1200 in 2000.... Not sure price now, but Canada seems to definately cheaper.. By the way, my vision is still 20/15

I paid about $2500 5 years ago. I did my homework and found the Dr.s that performed the procedure on the most Dr.s in the state! Your vision is priceless. Don't gamble with your vision just to save a few $.

Not price shopping guys, just making sure I don't get ripped off. The price seems to vary around here from $3500.00 in Billings to $1600.00 over the border in Canada. My eyes are literally my living so a gamble is not something I will take with them.

My father in Law negotiated with on of the best US Docs at the time (D.C./Virginia area?) to 10% over the price he could have it done in Canada. It took him some time to negotiate the deal, but in the end, he has perfect vision. He had been in glasses since he was a youth.

If the cost seems high, negotiate!

Good luck.

$3k or so for both eyes here in Boise one year ago. Wish I had done it long ago. I was told in the last few years for whatever reason Canada docs have statistically been getting inferior results compared to US docs. Not worth the small savings at all if you ask me.

You can save yourself roughly 30% by using Flex Spending Account money, btw.

I've priced a few reputable outfits here in SLC at around $2K for both eyes. But that was almost 2yrs ago now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avidcork
Back