Laying Steel!

Checking the trapline thread.

Got fur?

A couple of Bobcats, and 7 Martin. Lost 2 Martin to lions, and have had 6 near misses with lions. Caught a couple crawling on their belly's in my bobcat sets. Looked like a nuke went off. Only thing in the traps when I arrived was hair.

Last edited:
No luck on wolves yet. We have a long season.

Did get lucky on a really nice Tom though.

Attachments

• PC200524.jpg
    PC200524.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,336
  • PC200525.jpg
    PC200525.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,339
Very nice spots on him. Are you getting 700 for them in Mt? He should pay for a lot of gas to run the trap line with.

Nice cat. I'm still getting 0 on the cats this year.

Thats an awesome cat!I'd say thats easy a $7-800 cat.sure would make trapping fun to have big money cats around.We can only take one here and they aren't worth much as the fur quality isn't great;$40.Marten trapping is something I'd love to try too.your very lucky to live where you do for sure;envious

Nice cat! I have a couple of wolf sets out but no luck for me so far. I know two guys that each caught one the first week of the season up here. I believe they were the second and third ones legally trapped in Montana.

I haven't had luck on the wolves, yet! Still hopeful. I have done well on bobcats, and Marten. Keeps me in shape.

The Bobcat quota's been filled and so I'll have to pull my traps set for them..

Here's the latest Bob.

Attachments

• PC270527.jpg
    PC270527.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 546
Good looking cat. Sure hope to see a wolf soon.

Of course It would be understandable if choose not to post pics,but it seems like the photo opps on a wolf set could be awesome if done right.

Congrats on the success so far.

Here he is. Really old guy. k-9's are worn down more than half way, really close to the gums.

If I wasn't such a dumb arse I could have shot one too. The pack was bedded back in the timber behind him.

I didn't take my camera for a sight shot, but that's not a big deal. I had to drag him across a river so he has water and snow frozen in. Trust me when I say he is a beaut.

I really thought my sets wouldn't work with the addition of 12" on top of several that were already on top. Thank god at least one worked.

Attachments

• P1120529.jpg
    P1120529.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 461
  • P1120532.jpg
    P1120532.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 460
Awesome. Show a picture when he's all cleaned up.

Are you pulling your traps or keeping after it?

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtownsend
Back