Yeti GOBOX Collection

last minute planning

teej89

I didn't draw a NM elk tag so my dad and I are trying to plan a last minute antelope hunt, with zero points in any states lol well I have CO but that's past. We're thinking of wyoming but not the special tag, too much cash. I was looking into left over tags but I can't find the 2015 list so that doesn't help me narrow down a unit to hunt. We don't mind going w/ a rifle or bow, and not looking for any trophies but a buck tag would be preferred, maybe supplemented w/ a doe tag if that's at all possible. Would anyone potentially have the 2015 left over list saved?

I'm on go hunt draw odds on gohunt right now and it doesn't look like there is a 100% chance to draw w/ 0PP for archery but there's a handful of rifle units... I wish if I clicked on the units (in the draw odds module) it would show % private like it does in filter 2.0. Orrrrrr if in filter 2.0 you could have another filter option of maximum private land... that would be awesome!

Also why does it seem so much harder to draw an archery antelope tag or am I not reading this right?

Last edited:
2015 Leftover list: http://forum.eastmans.com/showthread.php/12088-2015-Wyoming-antelope-leftover-list

If you draw a tag in an area with no special archery permit (type 9), you can still hunt with a bow earlier in the season. See page 8 of the 2016 Antelope Seasons: https://wgfd.wyo.gov/WGFD/media/content/Final Regs/April_CH-5.pdf

You have plenty of time to apply for a tag that is easy to draw but will have no leftovers.

Thanks guys!

And would we still be able to draw even tho we have 0 PP?

Areas 1 and 19, off the top of my head, but these are areas that I think have leftovers. Since I'm a resident, I don't have thorough knowledge of what areas are easy for nonresidents to draw without spending more on the special draw. These will be in the northeast quadrant of the state. You could always apply for a hard random draw areas and put guaranteed draws as your second and third choices. If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't wait to get a leftover. Too much of a gamble. Some of them go quickly.

say I picked a unit or was torn between a couple, how would I get ahold of the appropriate game officer? Would I search what county the unit is in then find an office that's within that unit?

I figured these guys are going to be my best source of information. I'm trying to find some units that have a lot of walk in access, i figured these would be looked over by non residents and wouldn't be too hard to draw a tag in.

Thanks!
T.J.

say I picked a unit or was torn between a couple, how would I get ahold of the appropriate game officer? Would I search what county the unit is in then find an office that's within that unit?

I figured these guys are going to be my best source of information. I'm trying to find some units that have a lot of walk in access, i figured these would be looked over by non residents and wouldn't be too hard to draw a tag in.

Thanks!
T.J.

No, some unit boundaries don't follow county boundaries. The G&F website shows, on a map, the districts for game wardens and wildlife biologists. They also have a phone lists for those people.

Units with lots of public access often take pref. points to draw.

Back