Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Last Chance Elk Help

He looks winded....

Maybe a little...the only reason I made it up the mountain was due to the 30 mph tail wind pushing me up. Pack was light too... I was able to ring out my gloves and socks for water and didn't have to pack any.

Don't tell Gerald, but I am pretty sure I got the better deal on this one. I did drive, but Gerald packed out a 1/3 of my deer and provided the handpies, coffee, and turkey sandwich.

Maybe a little...the only reason I made it up the mountain was due to the 30 mph tail wind pushing me up. Pack was light too... I was able to ring out my gloves and socks for water and didn't have to pack any.

Don't tell Gerald, but I am pretty sure I got the better deal on this one. I did drive, but Gerald packed out a 1/3 of my deer and provided the handpies, coffee, and turkey sandwich.

He may have issues zipping the fly back down in the middle of the night, and soaking his tent mate's feet/boots;), but that Gerald is one class act!

Yesterday was 37 degrees and rain blowing sideways. I woke up this morning to clear skies and falling temperatures. Seems like I'm always out of sync.
I wish I could say that I pulled off a last weekend kill, but I didn't even go out today. We're having a house full of dinner guests tomorrow after church and I spent my day putzing around the house. I did fix up a doozy of a deer roast that's been stinking up the whole house all day. Should be nice and tender by morning.
Took the trash to the dump, drank too much coffee, folded laundry with the kids..... I'm at peace with the deer and elk for one more year. Besides, lion season starts on Monday. :) Good luck to everyone who gets out tomorrow. Its been a good hunting season for me.

Yesterday was 37 degrees and rain blowing sideways. I woke up this morning to clear skies and falling temperatures. Seems like I'm always out of sync.
I wish I could say that I pulled off a last weekend kill, but I didn't even go out today. We're having a house full of dinner guests tomorrow after church and I spent my day putzing around the house. I did fix up a doozy of a deer roast that's been stinking up the whole house all day. Should be nice and tender by morning.
Took the trash to the dump, drank too much coffee, folded laundry with the kids..... I'm at peace with the deer and elk for one more year. Besides, lion season starts on Monday. :) Good luck to everyone who gets out tomorrow. Its been a good hunting season for me.
I tried to get my wife an elk this morning. On the drive up the thermometer in my car said 46F outside and I'm thinking this was going to be a soggy day - but at least quiet. Then not more than 15 minutes later the thermometer read 9F. Wow.

We hunted until noon. The frozen snow was noisier than hell and it seemed a LOT colder than 9F even considering the wind. When we got to the car the thermometer read -12F. 58 degree drop in a few hours...

I don't know if I'll go out tomorrow... maybe if someone drags me out. Just a so-so year but I got enough meat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back