Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Last Chance Elk Help

Gerald Martin

Hi everyone,
My name is Gerald Martin and I need your help. Since everyone knows that elk hunting gets better later in the season, I've decided to wait until now to get serious about hunting for my bull. I am a hard core hunter, as hard core as some of the semi-famous (cough,cough) guys that consistently post pics of their 330" bulls year after year.
I am looking for a spot that I can kill a mature six point bull. If anyone could tell me which road to drive, I have tomorrow and Saturday to hunt and I am willing to go great distances to kill my elk. I have a full tank of gas and would consider driving up to 100 miles if the bull was big enough. Please don't bother to mention roads that lots of other hunters will be driving on because I crave solitude almost as much as I want a big elk. Also, I can find those types of roads on my own and they don't seem to have many mature bulls standing beside them.
I'm prepared for my hard core adventure with turkey sandwiches and a big thermos of coffee.
Also, since I don't want to appear selfish and interested in only my success, I would be willing to take one other Hunttalker with me on this hunt. Of course it would be understood that you would drive your rig because I've done all the hard work finding a good location to shoot a bull.
So, fellow Hunttalkers, I'd like to thank you in advance for all your responses and help. If you prefer, you can private message me your secret spots.

Sorry, New Mexico is further than I want to drive. Thank-you for your non-help. John Cushman is no longer invited to come along. It's been five minutes since I posted the first time..... I thought this was a helpful place.... guess I was wrong.

Welcome to Hunttalk. I'm pretty sure if you did a search you'll find a past thread that will answer you questions :D Good luck and welcome aboard

Sorry, New Mexico is further than I want to drive. Thank-you for your non-help. John Cushman is no longer invited to come along. It's been five minutes since I posted the first time..... I thought this was a helpful place.... guess I was wrong.

Darn...you coulda picked me up on the way through to save my gas and tires

I drove the roads you told me to and all I saw was wolf tracks.

Guess the introduced Canadian super alien wolfs have eaten all the elk. I'll have to hit that area up after elk season is out and see if they are still around. That doesn't bode well for lion hunting in that area.

Welcome to Hunttalk. I'm pretty sure if you did a search you'll find a past thread that will answer you questions :D Good luck and welcome aboard

I don't want to go to the effort of doing searches for past threads. This is supposed to be a helpful place.

Darn...you coulda picked me up on the way through to save my gas and tires
Sorry, John, but the deal was if I find the spot you have to drive your rig since finding a spot is the hard part. Besides you have to cook dinner tomorrow. If you bring some chili and drive I might let you go with me on Sat.

Maybe try your luck on Monster Muleys.
You're just trying to find my "Honey Raghorn Hole" I know your type. I'm headed out tomorrow with my LR gun and wheeler. Be here at 5am.

Does this mean I have to drive my rig since you are supplying the spot? How can I drive and shoot at the same time? Sorry, but I've got you figured out. You just want me to help you with your bull.

Monster Muleys would probably be more helpful than this place. My friend Don Peay said there are a bunch of good guys on that site.

Come on guys... twelve of you have read this thread and only three of you have responded and I still don't have a spot to kill a bull...
I'll sweeten the deal a little bit. I promise to bring some freshly baked handpies along with the thermos of coffee. There's cherry, blueberry, strawberry, and lemon and some of them have cream cheese as well.

Come on guys... twelve of you have read this thread and only three of you have responded and I still don't have a spot to kill a bull...
I'll sweeten the deal a little bit. I promise to bring some freshly baked handpies along with the thermos of coffee. There's cherry, blueberry, strawberry, and lemon and some of them have cream cheese as well.

Now you piqued the fat guy's interest :D Besides, you probably use that girly French vanilla creamer in your coffee, so you can't be taken seriously

Last edited:
If you had less then 5 posts it might be worth helping you...but since you have about 1,500 "congrats" on others success...I figure you for a veteran, and you should have a honey hole by now. Sorry...I only help newbs.

If you had less then 5 posts it might be worth helping you...but since you have about 1,500 "congrats" on others success...I figure you for a veteran, and you should have a honey hole by now. Sorry...I only help newbs.

I thought that 1500 "congrats" should have endeared me to someone by now. I've never killed a 350" bull. Is that newbie enough to qualify?

Mrs. Martin's homemade granola bars are worth way more than a silly elk spot.

I'm offering up Mrs. Martin's mother's homemade handpies on this hunt. We can put them in tinfoil and heat them on the engine manifold.

I'm thinking about a spot near Moise where you've shown me pictures of big bulls, Randy. It's even got a loop road that I bet not too many other hunters will be using. Meet you at seven in the morning???? We'll take your rig.

Now you piqued the fat guy's interest :D Besides, you probably use that girly French vanilla creamer in your coffee, so you can't be taken seriously

I resent that slight against my manhood. Hazelnut creamer is much better. I'm also rescinding my vote for you in CSEH. Take that.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back