Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Las Conchas Fire in NM

WFGinNM

Haven't been able to visit the site for a while. The Las Conchas Fire tore through the Jemez Mountains and is still burning up north of us. We lost our cabin about 2 hours after the fire started.

Couple winters ago, we didn't get any snow this past winter.
26989_1242095174892_1304704356_30652414_7150867_n.jpg

First picture we saw of it from a Helicopter pilot that was nice enough to ask us for our GPS coordinates so he could check on it for us.
CabinfromHelicopter.jpg

Last Thursday we went up to check out the damages.
cabinfire093.jpg

cabinfire130.jpg

cabinfire160.jpg

cabinfire158.jpg

cabinfire143.jpg

Elk out on the Valle
cabinfire279.jpg

cabinfire273.jpg

cabinfire283.jpg

cabinfire290.jpg

cabinfire292.jpg

--Bill

Sorry about your cabin man, that sucks. Any plans of a rebuild in the near future??

At the moment I'm waiting to get in to start cutting trees, setting up erosion control and reseeding. I'm hoping to get a start on it before the rains come. My Wife is pretty upset and doesn't want to go up again, she wants to remember it how it was. I probably will build after a few years when the aspen take over and grass is back.

--Bill

Terrible news, Bill. Sorry to hear that. Hope it eventually becomes the same special place it once was.

Sorry to hear about the cabin. The land will recover - a good rain and that black will turn green in a hurry. Looks like at least some of the elk made it.

Very sorry for your loss.

I lost all my big timber to a fire back in May along with some fences and a travel trailer I had on the place. It still gives me a knot in my stomach thinking about my big trees that are gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back