Yeti GOBOX Collection

KS Turkey

upper deck

With limited time this year I haven't spend much time out chasing turkeys. Last night I was able to sneak away and get an evening hunt in. I ended up calling this bird in about 30 min after I got set up.

I heard him moving from NE of my to the NW starting at around 100 yards. I made a few calls until he heard me then just waited. He ended up coming in the silent most of the way. With limited time this year I couldn't get myself to see how close I could get him and ended up arrowing him at 20 yards.

Attachments

• 2011 KS turkey.jpg
    2011 KS turkey.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 197
Congrats!! I'm looking forward to getting out after them this weekend. I have my doubts that I'll have a similar picture to post when I return, but it'll be fun nonetheless.

Upper Deck + KS Turkey = Punched tags. It was not a matter of if, but when. Congrats.

Upper Deck + KS Turkey = Punched tags. It was not a matter of if, but when. Congrats.

+1

Consistently puts great birds on the ground.

UD keeps extending offers for me to drive down to KS and watch me try to kill a couple of birds with my bow. I better take him up on it before he quits offering. I think it's just an excuse to make fun of my shooting! I don't have a great track record on gobblers with my bow ( or whitetails in NE with a rifle for that matter).

Buschy

Your track record with a bow can't match your rifle shooting in NE. If it does I may need to get in the arrow making business and custom quivers that hold 1 1/2 dozen arrows!!

I would have thought a bird around Lenexa would more likely be an Eastern. Yours looks more like a Rio. Maybe the back-lighting on this original pose makes it looks that way?

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back