Kimber rifle opinions

I have a Kimber Montana 7mm-08. Great little gun.

From my experience the biggest issue at the range is the wait time between shots. I'm impatient. After two shots it needs a few minutes of cooling time. That thin barrel is great on my pack but time consuming at the range.

I like the Montana I have. It's all I've hunted with for the last 5-6 years, and has killed a lot if critters near and far. Shoots just fine for me and better than some of the others I have in the safe and a little worse than some. For a hunting rife it's more than adequate, IMO. I'm not punching paper with it, nor do I shoot much past 350 yards. It's amazing how some people get completely wrapped around the axel over a group size from a bench rest for a hunting rifle.

I'll pick up more in the future, but just don't need anyore rifles at this time.

You mean a rifle doesn't have to shoot one hole groups at 500+ yards to hunt with it?!

Is it completely wrong of me to do a lot of my target practice on rocks, stumps, etc and not at paper targets?

You're expecting better results in the first 10 shots with a single type of ammo on a lightweight gun?

I get what you're saying, And no ill probably shoot some worse groups than that during load development. But he did say box and a half ;)

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back