MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Just won a Wall Tent!

dcopas78

I just got a call from goHunt.com with the news that I was an alternate for the May drawing for the Davis wall tent and that I had won! They couldn't get a hold of one of the winners and I was next in line. I'm completely shocked to say the least. I never win anything. The crazy thing is, I just ordered a tent from Davis a day ago. I called them up to see if I could cancel the order and explained the situation. They were extremely friendly and it was no problem. Excellent customer service. I am very satisfied with goHunt.com and it was well worth the money even before this. I'm confident that it helped me draw my New Mexico elk tag this season. I just hope I haven't used up my luck for this year, i need some for elk season :)

Good for you. Does it come with a frame too? If not, do yourself a favor and buy the angles and cut conduit for an internal frame. Makes life a lot easier.

1st a NM elk tag,then a Davis wall tent?
Wow. Rub some off on me. LOL
Stop & get some lotto tickets when your here on your hunt.
Someone, not me, always wins or so they say.
Timing is everything . Monsoons are about to crank up & the critters already look real good this year.
That leaves the tag filling part to you.:cool:

I also think GoHunt helped me improve my odds in NV. I drew a nice pronghorn tag there. Perhaps was just lucky though feel by changing up some of my pronghorn choices that my slight odds to draw doubled. Still slight, but anytime you can improve your odds you will eventually get another tag or two sooner than otherwise.

Money in the mail luck!...and a NM tag??.. pinch yourself. Looking fwd to the story.

Congrats on the tent. Me and my buddy bought a Davis tent a year ago. Wish I had talked him into it a long time ago. They make a nice tent. If you can get a 12v battery close to camp get some led light strips ($15 from ebay) and hang them inside on the bottom of the ridge. Put a little lamp switch on the cord and hook it up. Much better than listening to a lantern in the tent.

IMG_0493.jpg

Congrats on the tent. Me and my buddy bought a Davis tent a year ago. Wish I had talked him into it a long time ago. They make a nice tent. If you can get a 12v battery close to camp get some led light strips ($15 from ebay) and hang them inside on the bottom of the ridge. Put a little lamp switch on the cord and hook it up. Much better than listening to a lantern in the tent.

View attachment 58947

Nice setup!

We found a good trick for cold weather hunting, I bought a few 5 x15 ft canvas drop cloths and we put them up to line our inner walls, make it a double wall tent. It really helps when it is really cold out with wind. Installed some grommets to correspond with the frame joints and just hang them up inside the walls. Warmer and blocks people from seeing your shadows from outside the tent. Davis is a great company, they make lots of canvas things to go with that tent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back