Yeti GOBOX Collection

Just checking in

SDHNTR

Howdy Fellas,
Just watched the NM archery lope hunt and felt compelled to come play here too. The footage of the show was some of the best I've ever seen on TV. It really captured the essence of a good hunt and the frustration of those who have bow hunted antelope, spot and stalk.

Some of you may recognize my handle, or a couple others I use (BigPig, el Toro) from other forums. I get around a bit. I recognize some names here too and look forward to BS'ing.

So my year... My big hunt is a Monroe, UT archery elk hunt. Man I can't wait for that one! Then I also have a TX whitetail hunt and an Indiana whitetail hunt planned. That is in addition to the local hog, deer and bear hunts I always seem to wind up doing. And with a baby boy at home, I'll surely have my hands full.

Enough about me. Now I just need to get Randy out here to do a show bow fishing for mako sharks!

......... Now I just need to get Randy out here to do a show bow fishing for mako sharks!

Welcome SDHNTR. Nice to see you here after reading your posts on other sites.

Glad you liked that episode. I agree with the comments of the footage. I just wish Direct TV would distribute Outdoor Channel in HD, even if they just distributed it to my house.

Makos with a bow. Now that is intriguing. You got any pictures of that kind of hunting? Or is that fishing?

Good luck on the Monroe. Glad that they moved archery forward a few days in UT this year. Will help hit some of the rutting activity for the archers.

Roy is allowed here? Crap, I'm leaving!

You know I am really bad about taking a camera on the boat. I take one one ever hunting trip but rarely while fishing.

Here is some bad video my little brother and a buddy took a year or so ago. Big blue shark, which is really just bycatch. We usually don't bother with them. In this video, they miss the kill shot and a lot of the other stuff, but you'll get the point. It's a multi man job to fight and boat a shark, so it really is hard to video everything. Sticking a mako gets a little more exciting than this. We usually have to toss the buoy rig and do a little run down. They jump, rip water and are much more acrobatic. They are much meaner boatside too. The real fun starts when you stick a gaff in one. Then it can get hairy.

http://www.monsterhuntclips.com/video/502/Bowfishing-for-Sharks-in-San-Diego-V2

The fishing started off great this year in late June. I had two great trips, one with three makos boatside, but since then the water rolled over and it has been really lousy. I've been dying to get back out, but it hasn't been worth the gas.

Roys NOT allowed here but Randy isn't computer savy enough to keep him out ;)

Welcome to the Jungle Amigo !!!

Here's a few pics of some grinners I was able to scrounge up.

Attachments

• brent mako.jpg
    brent mako.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 255
  • mako.jpg
    mako.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 279
  • nate MAKO1.jpg
    nate MAKO1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 253
Wait, you shoot sharks with a bow?
I'm pretty sure the Dos Equis man wants your autograph.

I'm pretty sure the Dos Equis man wants your autograph.

That's funny right there... SDHNTR is "The most interesting man in the world"!!!! Ed F

dos-equis-beer-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-happy-hour-small-86542.jpg

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AZ Huntin'
Back