Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Is this the Future of Montana Hunting, or the PResent?

JoseCuervo

Land Owner Hunting Tags (Montana)

Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2008-12-18, 6:00PM MST

I am looking to buy land owner tags (whitetail, mule deer or elk). If you have land for lease in an area that you don't have to draw a tag, I will pay $150 a day per gun trespass fee for up to 4 guns (5 day minimum).

Wanted!! Whitetail Buck Hunting Oppurtunities for 2009 (Helena)

Date: 2009-01-06, 10:24AM MST

Willing to pay for Private Land Hunting for Whitetail Buck. Don't need a guide just can't afford an Outfitter. Willing to harvest does as well as a buck. After meeting we can agree on a price. Thanks.

DEER MEAT TO TRADE FOR.....? (Great Falls/Stockett)

Date: 2008-12-31, 5:29PM MST

I have about 40 pounds of deer meat I would like to trade. All of the meat has been professionally packaged and will last for a few years. The deer was shot on the first day of hunting season this year and was brought to a company for air-tight packaging; has been in my deep freeze ever since. Most of it is burger; also have a few packages of steaks, chops. What do you have for trade? Let me know!

Elk Ivories Wanted

Date: 2009-01-06, 6:13PM MST

Looking to buy ivories from both bulls and cows. Email me if you have any available.

Thanks

elk sheds (montana)

Date: 2009-01-06, 4:02AM MST

i have six sets of 300+inch elk sheds for sale or trade

Checkout the raghorn he is selling.
http://montana.craigslist.org/for/970517269.html
6X6 ELK ANTLERS antler RACK taxidermy deer - $225 (Great Falls)

Date: 2008-12-26, 4:52PM MST

Hi this is a realy nice set of 6x6 elk antlers with a solid skull cap.
missoula butte helena billings

6 by 7 Elk Shoulder Mount - $2300 (Bozeman)

Date: 2008-12-23, 6:29PM MST

Large 6 by 7 Elk Shoulder Mount for sale! This elk head was recently finished by a professional Bozeman, MT area taxidermist. The antlers are fresh sheds I found back in 2003. The mount can be viewed at the Bozeman Sportsman's Warehouse. The Elk unofficially measures 356 gross Boone & Crocket inches. free delivery anywhere in Montana!
406-531-9821

guess I can see why people don't like this crap. asked before, and no one answered. so will try again. how many permits do they give the landowners out there? and why would they let them sell them if they are for the landowner? and lastly, why wouldn't they consider the landowner a guide or outfitter if they are having people pay them to hunt on their land? one last question. do the landowner tags come out of the total for the county or hunt area?

Landowner sponsored tags are not "for sale". Also the landowner is allowed to sponsor one tag per year and the tag holder can only hunt on that landowners private deeded land.

The leasing of hunting rights here on the Milk River is pretty popular. People seems to be willing to throw money at landowners for whitetail and pheasant access.

Nemont

Nemont, not trying to be difficult here, but what do you mean by "sponsor"?

here in illinois, a landowner with more than 40 acres can receive 2 permits for bowhunting, and 2 permits for gun hunting on their property. they are in the landowners name. they can not be used by anyone else. you can also buy as many additional bow permits as you like here. limit of 2 bucks no matter the weapon or season.

Obviously the past PResent...according to the dates.

Leave it to a Texan to totally miss the discussion of the commercial exploitation of wildlife in Montana....... Hellooooooo, anybody home???

Meanwhile, looks like even the Boys of Bozeman are selling their record mule deer racks that they previously bought....

Deer mount Record montana mule deer buck - $1000 (Bozeman)

Reply to: see below
Date: 2009-01-09, 12:01PM MST

Huge unbelievable buck this is in the montana record books I bought it for $2000 406-595-1337

http://montana.craigslist.org/hsh/986402988.html

Check out the buck, seems like I have seen pictures of a bigger one from Bozeman.....

Jose, haven't the big box sporting goods stores been buying bone for years to hawk their wares?

Jose, haven't the big box sporting goods stores been buying bone for years to hawk their wares?

Ok, so I will draw the picture for the Texan who can't seem to grasp the picture....

If you read thru the postings, there are commercial offers or bids for everything wildlife related on hunting in Montana, from Access, to Tags, to the Meat, to the Ivories, to the parts that fall off the animals each winter.... Nothing remains unexploited.

Let me know if you need any more help grasping the obvious....

Off topic but I'm curious where Jose was born? And I know it wasn't Mexico dumbass.

For the present, I suppose, he's nothing more than an Idaho lip yelling fire in a Montana theater. Don't really know what the latent Texas envy is about.

'Tis the present. I have a feeling it'll be worse in 10 years. 'Course I wonder if that trend will reverse some once we get past the baby boomer generation?

Nemont, not trying to be difficult here, but what do you mean by "sponsor"?

here in illinois, a landowner with more than 40 acres can receive 2 permits for bowhunting, and 2 permits for gun hunting on their property. they are in the landowners name. they can not be used by anyone else. you can also buy as many additional bow permits as you like here. limit of 2 bucks no matter the weapon or season.

In Montana the Landowner has to "sponsor" a hunter who wishes to draw a landowner sponsored tag. The landowner has to provide to the state the legal descriptions of his/her deeded land and sign an affidavit attesting to the validity of that ownership. Then the sponsored hunter enters a drawing, which is all but guaranteed. Currently the landowner cannot "sell" these tags however there is a way for landowners to lease their acres for hunting and then sponor the person leasing those acres.
Landowner Sponsored Licenses: Landowner sponsors must be residents of the State of Montana enrolled in the
Landowner Sponsor Program with FWP. The Landowner must direct the hunting activities of the applicant, inform the
hunter of Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks hunting laws and provide hunting only on deeded land of the landowner.
Landowner Certificate must accompany landowner sponsored applications. DEER HUNTING AUTHORIZED
THROUGH THESE LICENSES CANNOT BE CONDUCTED OUTSIDE DEEDED LAND OWNED BY THE
SPONSORING LANDOWER. (Any additional Deer B licenses purchased must be used only on the deeded land.)

Nemont

If you read thru the postings, there are commercial offers or bids for everything wildlife related on hunting in Montana, from Access, to Tags, to the Meat, to the Ivories, to the parts that fall off the animals each winter.... Nothing remains unexploited.

Let me know if you need any more help grasping the obvious....

Good point Jose, who brought up this question anyway, its obvious.

Next thing you know, some guy from Idaho, or some other neighboring state, will lease the land in his neighbor state and then want to lease it at a profit to people from states still farther away. Has that happened yet? haha

What have you got on that?:confused:

1-pointer - my friend was involved in something similar near Wheatland, WY. It was called the Flying X ranch. It was a limited partnership, though, and each owner was a partner, with access to the lodge and smaller motel-type units next to the lodge. Stables, private airstrip, hunting and fishing, etc. There were also a limited number of lots available in a small subdivision that could be purchased outright by members only. They subsidized the expenses by running cattle on some of the land or leasing the grazing rights - I'm not sure which.

It was great place, actually - good pronghorn, deer, varmint and elk hunting. Good trout fishing, too. He sold his interest only because it was really too far for him to get his money's worth of usage.

Cali- Just think, for $450K you can get your 5ac deed, access to the lodge, 5% ownership of the 'club', access to 1640ac, and be close to 650,000 acres of public land...

Different strokes for different folks. But I can't see spending $450K for the above amenities when I can enjoy the largest portion that they're trying to sell for the price of an application. It would be interesting to know where the members call home... ;)

Back