Is this a big one??

thecrittergitter

So, I think this guy and I are gonna try to get some photos together this fall;) We got to know each other a bit today and we.......well I have decided we would look good in a photo shoot around the first week of october or so:)

I'm thinking he is pretty dang big......had him at 21 yards at one point.....unfortunately, i dropped my camera off a clif and spent the next 30 minutes scaling the rocks to get it........otherwise I would have had some super awesome close ups.....

I'm sure some of you with more goat experience can tell me whether I'm over estimating him but I don't think he is a little guy.....I think I'm willing to ground check him to find out this fall:)

Attachments

• Stacker head On.jpg
    Stacker head On.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,265
  • Stacker Side View.jpg
    Stacker Side View.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,252
  • Stacker walk away.jpg
    Stacker walk away.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,018
I agree critter, looks good enough to me! I'm the farthest thing from a goat expert, but from what I've read and seen he seems good. . ."horse face", horns sweep back good. . .I'd be happy with him for sure. How high up was he? great pics. . .hope the camera is ok. RJ

This is the only one I have close up experience with. When it was taken a few years back in Nevada by a friend of mine, it was the largest taken in the state of Nevada that year. They both look good to me.

Dads005_zps8392e673.jpg

Dads004_zpsaaad75d5.jpg

You are bored. He is obviously huge, without a coat. >>>Your luck: You will hunt him, find him, drop your camera, and look up to find his big brother.

Hey me too. Would love to see you put the hammer on that big boy. I am not a bettin' man, buy I bet you will probably shoot a bigger one!
:)
Is your bull mount done from last year critter?

I dont know much about goats, but that looks like a big fat one to me with good horns.
BTW, I am going to use your photos as a reference to something in the optics forum if you don't mind

I dont know much about goats, but that looks like a big fat one to me with good horns.
BTW, I am going to use your photos as a reference to something in the optics forum if you don't mind

I don't mind, what are you going to reference, taking crappy photos with a cell phone:)??LOL

I don't mind, what are you going to reference, taking crappy photos with a cell phone:)??LOL

No, the photos are pretty sweet! But I get a lot of questions about what ED glass does and what Chromatic aberrations are. Your pics are a good example. A lot of times it is not even the spotter, but the camera (or crappy phone) that is the culprit

Looks like a big one! Any chance you could get the spotter on him from close range and count annulli?

Looks like a big one! Any chance you could get the spotter on him from close range and count annulli?

Tried Tbone but right as I set up at 20 yards to do it, I apparently dropped my camera and spent the next 30+ minutes retrieving it. However, I got a 21 yard look through the binos and it was hard to count, I kept losing track after six rings so I'm certain is is 7 or more......

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back