Yeti GOBOX Collection

Is it unethical???

You guys missed his followup post that really should change your tunes! First off, the reason that "wilderness" came up is because the OP went on a guided hunt in Wyoming in a "wilderness area" that is off limits for NRs for big game without a licensed guide or a resident that obtains a temporary license to guide up to two people in one calendar year for NO remuneration whatsoever, including meals, gas, equipment you might give him, etc. I see nothing wrong at all if the OP goes back and hunts the areas he went through to get to where the guide hunts in the wilderness. He will be hunting public land, but won't be hunting where the guide is taking his hunters in that wilderness area. I went on a guided mulie horseback hunt in Wyoming back in 1994, saw some nice BLM country to the north of the ranch we hunted on and I've hunted there DIY almost every year since then. I see no difference in what the OP is asking, as he isn't infringing on the guide's wilderness area or livelihood!

Last edited:
if it's public domain then remember that that guide is making a living off EVERYBODY'S land - If you want to hunt the area you paid good money to learn from a guide on PUBLIC land then you should do it - If you were a gunsmith and the guide asked you some technical questions about perfecting his loads would you be pissed if he used that information even though you normally charge customers for it ?

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avidcork
Back