Idaho Youth Elk Hunt

Brentster7189

In leu of hooking up the paddles to this old thread back in 08' http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=237485 I figured I would start a new one. The previously mentioned thread is the only one I found on here regarding this hunt, so that's why I'm posting it up again.

My daughter (11 now, 12 in September) drew the youth cow elk hunt 44-2 (units 44, 45 & 52) in November. I have never hunted these areas, so in trying to get a little ahead of the game and having a shoe in on giving my daughter the best chance she could have in being successful I thought I would ask anyone out there if they have any useful information on these areas they would be willing to share.

Any help, tips, or insight are a welcome addition to our hunt. She is really excited about this fall and the hunts she is going to be doing, as am I. There's nothing more rewarding then seeing your kids excited about something, and being able to share it with them.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help. :eek:

My step son drew that hunt this year too. I wish I could help but we are in the same boat as you. Anything I figure out I will be glad to send your way. Good luck on your search and maybe Garrett and I will se you on the hill!

I live in Unit 52. The wife drew a November cow tag in 52 a couple a years ago. She didn't fill her tag but it wasn't because there where no elk. Plan on getting cold and wind blown. Take a 4-wheeler and a map. You can get lost, snowed in, or stuck in the mud on just about any day in November out on the unit 52 and 45 desert. Unit 44 is more mountain terrain with timber. I can probably narrow down your search and give you some places to start out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back