MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Idaho Youth Hunt

3 Finger

I've got two daughters that drew the Idaho youth hunt tag for cow elk in unit 44, 45 and 52 in November. I'm looking for some starting places on where to begin doing a little scouting.

Thanks,

Don't know the area to help you out, but kudos to you for getting the girls out on the mountain. Best of luck, I am sure it will be life long memory for the 3 of you.

Three finger I have a kid I take hunting who drew that hunt.I live in Bellevue and grew up in woodriver valley I will be scouting alot prior to the hunt and will share some info with you.My Daughter didn't draw I think that is cool your girls are into it.BRD DAWG you would have had to go to school with my sister did you just have your 20 year reunion up here?

Thanks for the help

Hi everyone,
It has been a few days since I've been able to get logged back on and I really appreciate the help.

This fall looks to be really busy since my two girls drew both their cow elk tags in Idaho's Unit 44 and Unit 39 antelope. Guess I better hang up the rifle and become a full time packer. My son turns 12 next spring so it will be all three dragging my sorry butt around the hills. I'll just be the guy who pays for the gas.

Appreciate everyone's help.

3 Finger. I have spent a little time elk hunting in 44 last year but honestly not long enought to give a lot of help. We hunted on/near the Access Yes property by the dump on the North side of the hwy west of Fairfield. We saw some cows in there, but no big bulls. I will say the elk can get blown South with some snow so be prepared for two different hunts, before and after a big storm.

On the antelope, get your bucks scouted up before the opener and kill them opening morning before the others get in there.

Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back