PEAX Equipment

Idaho Whitetail

chet tax

Has anyone hunted Whitetail Deer by Ceour d' Alene, the St. Maries area.
I'm looking for info. to help me out on my first trip up there.
Any info. would be very helpfull, thank's.

Never been quite that far north, but blew it a couple years ago on a couple of nice looking bucks down by lewiston. My only thought was there's so much food on the hillsides, all you can do is find the one's they're using, and hope they didn't change their mind. good luck and take pictures

There's plenty of good country up there. Plenty of public access as well. Old clearcuts and logging roads will do you well.

Wouldn't that be a great area for an episode of OYOA ? ;)

Do we really need more people to discover the whitetail chances in those areas?

Chet,

Locals report that winter kill was fairly significant the last 2 winters, that said I'm sure there are still lots of deer to go around and that some of the reports are exagerated as is common.

I have hunted St. Maries, lots of places to go around there, a few yrs ago they did have some deep snow and they had a significant die off, theres some dang nice whiteys that come from out of there, the picture board at the local gas/sporting goods stop was loaded with bigguns from the locals......

There's plenty of good country up there. Plenty of public access as well. Old clearcuts and logging roads will do you well.

I'd pay to see that. I am a resident you know Spitz. I can sit back and enjoy the fun with my rifle of course. :D

I hunt the St Maries area and just south of there as well, around Clarkia. There has undoubtedly been a significant die off over the last two years due to winter kill, but still some good bucks to be had. If we get lucky and have a couple winters like this current one, things will be back.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mtbirdandbiggamehunter
Back