Idaho owes me...

Curious what info you have that supports this claim?
If anything it's hard to draw after the Senate holds it's own drawing party(landowners draw) for their friends before the rest of the tags are handled to a few excited peasants. F&g has fought for the common man for years now.

Didn't mean to get a bunch of panties wodded up, not necessarily it's just a little fishy when two fish and game employees draw the best elk tag in the state with over 500 apps for ten tags

I know a whole bunch more IDFG employees that put in for other tags and didn't get drawn, I don't see them whining or dreaming up conspiracy theories.

Didn't mean to get a bunch of panties wodded up, not necessarily it's just a little fishy when two fish and game employees draw the best elk tag in the state with over 500 apps for ten tags

I wonder if its fishy some random guy from Laramie drawing an AZ desert sheep tag with wayyy less than max points?

How about AK muskox, the first, and only time every applying? Even more fishy, I applied with an AK resident and this was his THIRD muskox tag. We had less than 1% odds of drawing...something isn't right.

Why is it that every single time a FG employee who hunts, applies and draws a tag, then the system is rigged?

Its just crap. Their odds of drawing are no worse than anyone else...

I hope they get some big bulls with their tags.

This is a pretty ignorant mind set. What does their occupation have to do with their right to fairly draw a tag? The threads about "unfair" draws, "fishy" draws and "rigged" draws are getting so old. Not to mention all the new theories guys come up with to increase their chance of drawing, and then they consider that fair....... Don't like the odds, then don't play the game!

The idea that drawing a buck/bull tag with less than 5% odds, then complaining when you haven't drawn the tag after putting in for 10 years, shows me that people don't understand math or how odds work. Not to mention some of these hunts, over the 10 years of them putting in have now dropped down to 1-4%. Its not difficult to change your odds, by applying for tags with better odds. The hunters I have talked to that don't ever draw, tell me that the units with better odds are worse hunting units or the animals aren't of the same caliber. Now this can be true of some of the top units, but they also tell me they envision the hardest to draw units as being able to show up and pick out "their trophy bull/buck" while driving around or just showing up at the bottom of a mountain.

Some of these hunters, I have convinced to apply for better draw odd units, and some of them have drawn. I hear all sorts of excuses on why the unit they drew will be a tough hunt, everything from vacation time, time of year, terrain, animal quality, etc. Their illusion of the draw hunt being a show up and shoot 1 of 5 big animals that should be easily accessible, usually brings them to a reality that lets them down. The number of Idaho OTC units available for residents and non residents to hunt, has good to great animals in it. A little research can make sure you aren't competing with a sea of orange. The one thing I don't hear people complain about draw odds and the drawing system is drawing doe/cow tags.

Only having to wait one year on the possibility of drawing another antlered tag has been one of the best ideas IDFG has established. Now that may change in the coming years. IMO the lack of changing of the tag numbers in draw units and OTC units(Capped tag # for res/nonres) by IDFG should be scrutinized more than the drawing system. I understand winters, drought, herd numbers can change from year to year, however the number of tags in some of these draw units is very low and don't effect the overall area carrying capacity. They don't need to max out the number of tags for a unit, especially after setting the regs for 2 year cycles, but it seems like they should make adjustments to tag numbers more than every 7-10 years. That's enough for my rant...

I'll un wod my panties long enough for you to tell me what "the best tag in the state" is? But I'm wearing my Tierra while I wait for an answer.

An easy trap to fall in to is the theory that if a tag has say 25% odds, it stands to reason that you should draw every 4 years. In theory, yes. In the real world, no.

It's the same as flipping a coin, you have a 50% chance no matter how many times you get heads or tails. If you get heads a hundred times, it's still a 50% chance of getting heads again.

Bottom line... There's only two possible ways to change draw odds, reduce applicants or increase tags.

Everything else is just snake oil being sold by people with an agenda.

Tough to draw when idfg has their little private drawing party for themselves before drawing the rest of the tags

Do you really think they sit at a table with a few beers and draw their names out of a hat?

I knew a guy here in NV that swore people with Dr. such and such at the front of their names got preferential treatment in the drawing.

Just to clarify a bit. Until now everyone who put in for an Idaho tag was assigned a number. The numbers were given to the state controllers office and the controllers office would draw the applicable ammount of numbers for the available tags. The controllers office would then give the winning number back to the fish and game who would cross reference the number back to a name for identification. Now the system will change. A company we don't know with ethics we don't know will run the drawing using a process we don't know because whiney people and whiney legislators couldn't draw the tag they wanted but someone else did.

If a person lives in idaho, they can kill 2 bucks, 2 bulls and other stuff for around $650/yr. If they spent any time scouting they could kill two branch bulls with relative ease every single year and shooting 130-150" bucks is well... easy.
Man it would suck to live in idaho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back