Caribou Gear Tarp

Idaho 72 late archery controlled hunt

Cashnichols

Hey guys, I'm looking at the late archery controlled hunt in unit 72 for 2018/19, has anyone hunted this tag? I'm just concerned about how crowded it might be. All of your input is appreciated! Thanks

Definitely a busy hunt in the popular areas. Honestly the quality of the hunt depends on if winter shows up and they get snow or not. There's not a lot of great resident bucks in 72.

Ok I was afraid of that. Thanks for the reply, there's just too many options haha! I had a blast last year though. It's still fun just learning new country.

Yeah it sounds like that's a must for that area! I think I've settled on the late 27 tag this year the year after I'm going to be down there with bow in hand for sure.

do you know what 27 looks like? its some of the nastiest country you can imagine. most fly in and hunt from the landing strips or take horses in deep.

Yep I'm aware, I've always wanted to go into the Frank, and it honestly seems like one of the best opportunity for a non resident draw from what I read in the harvest stats and draw odds. I got real depressed when I looked at non resident draw odds lol

I actually just read that idaho is limiting nr tags for 27 this year too so we will see what happens. Probably just end up with a otc tag

yep will be interesting to see what happens in that unit with another limit on tags. I hunted it last year for sheep and had a deer tag and never saw a deer I'd be willing to pull out of there but I wasn't hunting in November. good luck I know they have killed some tanks in the past in there.

Oh nice I hope your sheep hunt well! But yeah it will be interesting to see what happens, I think there only giving out 50 non res tags but don't quote me on that. I just want to see the country, I've heard it's amazing. I'm not going to be picky at all but I'd like to find something mature, It'll be my first muley to be completely honest. I've shot a lot of blacktails between Oregon and alaska but I'm still waiting to draw a good Oregon muley tag with 12 points. Hunted idaho last year trying to get my first one but I ran into a lion first so my deer tag went on her.

Back