Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Jarbidge Nevada Elk

I hunted Jarbidge two or three years ago. My hunt turned into a big scouting mission after early recommended areas were elkless. The kill reports I heard about were from the first few days of season before weather moved into the area. I did manage to bury my rig three times in snow moving into areas. 😎

@Elkmagnet gave me one last spot to check on the final day of season. Two mile walk in calf deep snow to glass the wilderness. We spotted 17 or 18 bulls in about two hours including a beast that was probably 380”s but too far to approach with the time remaining. I have a longer story but the Cliff Notes version is I blew a stalk on a 7x7 with minutes remaining in the season.

I’d hunt the unit again but time is against me. I have my sons buying points for round two.

I hunted Jarbidge two or three years ago. My hunt turned into a big scouting mission after early recommended areas were elkless. The kill reports I heard about were from the first few days of season before weather moved into the area. I did manage to bury my rig three times in snow moving into areas. 😎

@Elkmagnet gave me one last spot to check on the final day of season. Two mile walk in calf deep snow to glass the wilderness. We spotted 17 or 18 bulls in about two hours including a beast that was probably 380”s but too far to approach with the time remaining. I have a longer story but the Cliff Notes version is I blew a stalk on a 7x7 with minutes remaining in the season.

I’d hunt the unit again but time is against me. I have my sons buying points for round two.
When you set aside a few days for hunting it's a bad feeling to spend them shoveling snow.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back