Ice Fishing Fort Peck?

MHMT

Curious if anyone has been out on fort peck lately? We are thinking about heading to crooked creek. If anyone has any info on ice conditions or how the fishing is, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

I heard some guys talking about peck last week. They were on the ice which seemed to be good and will be getting better with the cold front moving in. Supposedly they are killing the pike right now in the shallows. I think the hell creek tourney is feb 1.

Just be careful, with the cold weather the ice should firm back up. The pressure ridges are dangerous. I haven't been to crooked creek but was at Fourchette a few weeks ago and had 12" of ice most places, but open water near the pressure ridges. Caught lots of pike with the average around 10#, only a few walleye with the average around 2#.

Good luck!
John

Thanks for the info. I'll be plenty happy with some pike.

We'll have to watch for those pressure ridges... Thanks for the heads up.

make sure you bring chains, especially if you are pulling a trailer.....

it's 30 below here on the south side of the lake this morning. things are froze up pretty darn tite, but I'm wondering what kind of condition the ice gets after a thaw/re-freeze? first warm day I think we will go up and give the pike a try.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back