Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

I...

smalls

I BELIEVE...

Not a huge soccer fan, but any time an event pits one nations pride against another I can typically find myself interested.

Let's go out and beat those waffle making eurotrashers!

I BELIEVE THAT WE...

2c2faf_4480774.jpg

I appreciate you enthusiasm for soccer but I just can't seem to get interested. I'll probably check the score a couple of times but It's just not the same as football.

What you call soccer i call football, what you call football is as close as you can get to rugby, i hate football (soccer) but love rugby, we suck at football (soccer) but are pretty good at rugby!
Cheers
Richard

Great athletes but man o man, they whine more than the Harbaugh. brothers.

....Go USA!

I was waitin for some one to bring this up. My Son is driving Me nuts with it. I hate it. I'M old school I guess. Give Me Baseball basketball and football. I When I was a kid soccer was the sport that You put Your kid in that was to uncordinated to play the other 3. You only have to know how to run and let a ball hit You in the head. My God can any body kick the ball in the goal. Thats all they gotta do . Ad its alot bigger than a hockey goal....Some Soccer Guys will hate Me but thats life. Go USA............BOB!.....PS, they fake and fall down too much too....

I love Football(American) and Soccer is alright.

I spent a few weeks in Australia a few years ago and watched some of their Rugby, and went to their version of Monday Night Football as well as their version of the Pro-Bowl called the State of Origin Series. Occuring in the middle of their season, stud players were parsed by where they played their first Rugby(hence origin). In an age where NFL players bow out of the pro-bowl to protect their contracts, and where the probowl is a half-assed track meet any way, it was impressive as hell, and showed me that if the fans demand it, sports can be more pure and intense than anything we ever see in the U.S.

After seeing that live, the debate was over. Other than MMA and maybe Hockey, Americans are soft, cowardly, wimps compared to Australian rugby players, and that includes American Football players. There was No half-assing it.No Oxygen, No breaks, No Helmets, No whining. Always balls-to-the wall. Always full of hate. It was pure effort and guts. The integrity of competition over their exceeds anything our sports could ever dream of attaining. It was a wake up call.

If you wanna see sports in the U.S. as they should be played, where heart and not oxygenated 40 speed wins the day, watch high school sports. Money has corrupted the rest.

Yeah I've been on some really big(like 2 mile) hikes with several big studly college football(American) types, I've never heard that level of bitching, moaning and complaining since. You'd have thought they were gut shot and forced marched.

A American football player could never keep up with a soccer player as far as total level of fitness. THey'd be sucking wind.

I spent a few weeks in Australia a few years ago and watched some of their Rugby, and went to their version of Monday Night Football as well as their version of the Pro-Bowl called the State of Origin Series. Occuring in the middle of their season, stud players were parsed by where they played their first Rugby(hence origin). In an age where NFL players bow out of the pro-bowl to protect their contracts, and where the probowl is a half-assed track meet any way, it was impressive as hell, and showed me that if the fans demand it, sports can be more pure and intense than anything we ever see in the U.S.

After seeing that live, the debate was over. Other than MMA and maybe Hockey, Americans are soft, cowardly, wimps compared to Australian rugby players, and that includes American Football players. There was No half-assing it.No Oxygen, No breaks, No Helmets, No whining. Always balls-to-the wall. Always full of hate. It was pure effort and guts. The integrity of competition over their exceeds anything our sports could ever dream of attaining. It was a wake up call.

If you wanna see sports in the U.S. as they should be played, where heart and not oxygenated 40 speed wins the day, watch high school sports. Money has corrupted the rest.

Maybe in Montana but High school sports are big time in the rest of the country.

http://www.wfaa.com/sports/football...cide-Cowboys-practice-facility-219240541.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/20/60-million-stadium-repairs_n_5359836.html

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/article.aspx?articleid=ad5c15d8-f6f3-4f13-8b27-d79fc7f4c9f8&page=9

Well, there's always Russia 2018....

Wish I could have watched, sounds like Howard was a beast in goal but was beaten by his Everton teammate.

For the record I'm a Soccer fan. Played when I was in HS, traveled in the western US on a U-18 team. Played against some future Team US players back in the day.

If you're referring to Australian Rules Football, those guys eat their dead.

I am a huge futbol fan, having lived abroad as a kid, and then coaching and watching my son play. I will continue to watch the rest of the tournament, but without the USA in the field it will lose a bit of intensity.

My brother is a team doctor for the USA rugby team. These boys are absolutely nuts.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 241
Yeah I've been on some really big(like 2 mile) hikes with several big studly college football(American) types, I've never heard that level of bitching, moaning and complaining since. You'd have thought they were gut shot and forced marched.

A American football player could never keep up with a soccer player as far as total level of fitness. THey'd be sucking wind.
Depends on one's definition of "fitness". Soccer requires much more wind than Football, no doubt. Football puts a much higher premium on explosiveness and strength. Watching the video of JJ Watt (6'6" 295#) jumping up on a dresser that is nearly 60" tall makes it hard for me to not call him 'fit'...

Back