Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

I know Wyoming is cool,

mdunc8

but does it deserve three separate threads about the elk draw? It's bad enough I'm not heading down there this year, but you guys could at least rub it in without making me bounce back and forth between numerous conversations.

Not my promise land anymore.When an elk tag cost almost $700 for a general tag that's too much.Thats $100 in pts and $591 for the tag fee

how about $1200 plus $144 for several years to pull a nevada elk tag,,,or over $900 for a montana elk,,,though wyoming isnt the cheapest,,,there are other more spendy places out there.

Dan the Montana elk tags are NOT $900.For $900 you get and elk and deer tag and could make plans today because you know your getting one.I know Nv. tag fees are crazy but the elk there are just a little better the Wy. general areas have to offer,lol.Not that I'd ever spend that for an elk tag.I think I'll keep up with points in Wy. but now it will be for the premium units instead.only a couple more points and I'm in a great LE unit.Can't believe there were guys out there burning 4 pts for a general tag;stupid.I agree Wy. has great elk hunting but $700 to draw a general tag every 3 years is a little nuts.Not like theres a crazy amount of hunting pressure out there.I hunt a heavily used public land in southern Wy.and have only run into one guy in the woods and that was during rifle.Never saw another hunter in the woods in archery.Think they could issue a few more tags or go like Co.and pick your weapon.Though I'm not to keen on option 2 it would allow for people to draw more and they should gain income that way instead of tag increases
if you want elk only in Mt. I believe that's $6??? not $900.and the general area I hunted there was incredible in both herd size and quality

Nothing cheap about buying hunting tags. 700 for an elk seems like a lot but when you compare that to what other states are charging it's really not that out of whack. Heck in some states by the time you buy all the necessary licenses, tags, stamps, etc.. you can spend over $500 on a whitetail tag. In Montana when purchased separately a deer tag costs $580 and an elk tag costs $826 (makes the combo look like a bargain). Suddenly $700 for an elk tag in Wyoming does not seem that bad. I guess you could go to Colorado and save a little bit but you will likely have to deal with much more hunting pressure. Seems like most states are charging much more for tags than they used to, might as well get used to it.

General Combination Licenses
General Big Game (Deer & Elk) $976 17,000
General Elk $826
General Deer $580 4,600
Landowner Sponsored License
Landowner Sponsored Deer $580 2,000
Youth Combination License
Youth Big Game $490.50 Unlimited
Nonresident Come Home to Hunt
Big Game Combo $976 500
Deer Combo $580 500

Interesting that the come home to hunt tags are the same price as regular NR tags.

Last edited:
or you could all hunt here in nz
cost of public land=nil
no tags
for that you can hunt thar,,chamois,,red deer,,fallow deer,,wallabies
all you need is to make some friends here and the most important point be FIT

even at 6??? for a montana elk,,,as a montana non-res,,Ive figured that montana is way down on my personal list for "bang for the buck" for me..Id like to hunt there if it was a "better bang for the buck".wyoming i feel is a better deal though non-resident anything is spendy no matter where you go.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTOG
Back