I drew!!!!!!~!~~~~~~~!@!!!

That's great .I know you'll do that tag justice. My days of doing that hunt are past so I'll be looking forward to your always good hunt report.

Congrats.
Wyoming has been pretty good to you. With as much time as you'll get to spend here this fall, we should start charging you income tax. Oh wait, we don't have any income tax! I'm sure we can work something out. :D
Congrats again and have a great hunt in some of the coolest country in the lower 48!

-Cade

Thanks again everyone for the well wishes! I'm obviously still on cloud nine.

I've been on the phone with my friends in Powell and it looks like vacation schedules are going to work out to be able to hunt mountain goat the last week and a half of September and then switch to elk the first week of October. Still working out the details, but looking really good from that perspective. My friend in Powell is a super great guy, hard to believe how excited he is for me, he is already talking about working on getting in better shape to be hunting with me. They are hitting up all their contacts to start zeroing in on the best areas and they have some really good contacts so I'm very excited. I think it is really going to help a ton to have some semi-local folks helping me out on this!!

It's not going to be like Greenhorn or Crittergetter where I'll get to spend several weeks scouting for the absolute biggest goat in the area, but hopefully we will get some good intel and be able to get some scouting in before the hunt starts.

Wyoming has been VERY good to me lately!! Statistically it's probably more rare to shoot a B&C elk on a general tag so lightning for sure struck last September on that, then drawing the unit 61 elk tag in February and now drawing the mountain goat tag!

I actually got a call from Idaho fish and game yesterday informing me that I had messed up and shorted my payment by the $14.75 application fee on my mountain goat tag application with them. I told them that I had just found out that I drew a Wyoming tag and that the way my luck is running I should probably just leave the application as an invalid application and get my money back. The last thing I need would be to draw another goat tag even though the odds are only 3%, that's better than the odds were to draw this Wyoming tag!

I've still got a LOT of applications outstanding and I'm actually hoping that I don't draw any more of them!

Last edited:
It's rare to hear someone say they hope they don't draw anymore tags but with a goat tag like that I'd be thinking the same ��

Congratulatioins and good for you to have some resident friends to take you into the wilderness areas.
Life doesn't suck for you.

Congratulations on a great tag. If you do not want to draw any more tags I can give you some of my luck in getting the all to familiar UNSUCCESSFUL if you will pass me some of your successful tag drawing luck.;)

Bill

Big Congrats npaden!!! After drawing and hunting goats in Idaho last year, I see what Miller and Gerald Martin say about it being super addicting. Take lots of pictures. We all look forward to riding along on this one. Best of luck!

Back