Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

I drew!!!!!!~!~~~~~~~!@!!!

npaden

I drew the Wyoming mountain goat tag!!!!!!

001-1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Outstanding. I look forward to hearing about the hunt

Whew!!!

There were 170 applicants for 4 tags in Unit 1 so that comes out to 2.3% drawing odds!!

I'm actually hoping to not draw any other tags now although I just sent in my Idaho mountain goat application a couple days ago!

Already going through the planning stages on this. I have a really good Wyoming elk tag that starts October 1st so I'm going to have to decide if I'm going to make this 2 trips and go up on September 1st for the goat hunt and then go back on October 1st for the elk hunt or make it 1 trip and go up around September 20th or so and hunt goats until I'm successful and then switch to elk or what.

Plenty of research that needs done that's for sure.

My good friends live in Powell so that's just about 50 miles from the unit so that will work out really well. Just need to make sure we can get things lined out with their vacation, etc. so that one of them can be my resident guide.

Still in shock that I actually drew!!!

Thanks for the well wishes!!

That is awesome!!
Don't forget to keep your good friends here at Hunttalk filled in on all the details (we like lots of pictures)...
Best of luck to ya

Big time congrats. If you had drawn unit #3 I could have helped but I dont know much about #1. Can't wait to hear the stories.

Pic of a goat from Sunlight Basin in 2012 just South of where you will be hunting.

Attachments

• MountainGoat.jpg
    MountainGoat.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 580
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back