Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Hunting show

esracerx

So a buddy of mine wants me to go to a deer and turkey show tomorrow. Really not much I'm interested in when it comes to those 2. Only so much food plot, game camera, tree stand stuff I can look at. Didn't see much archery stuff on the exhibitor list. Was hoping some guys in the elk hunting community would be there. I only found 1 company, but it really intrigues me.

Now, I hunt with a couple guys that have trouble with calling. They just don't practice, get frustrated and go back to their whitetail hunting ways. Every year I buy a couple new calls to see if something might work for these stubborn individuals. So I was wondering if any of you have heard of the elk reel. It looks like a hybrid diaphragm call that sounds good. I'm a stickler for sound and some calls out there just don't sound right to me. So if anyone has used it before I drive 4 hours round trip was hoping to get some insight.

https://youtu.be/m6Qd7__DGU0

Thanks

I have never heard of the Elk Reel, but it appears effective. Bottom line, whatever works for you is what you should go with. That call looks like a one hand operation, so calling and shooting at the same time is pretty much out of the question. But, if someone is a caller and someone else is the shooter . . . . . . Again, if it works . . . . It works.

It's not really for me. I have no problem using diaphragm calls. But apparently you can actually use it in your mouth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back