Hunter from Germany

fero94

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I'm a hunter from Germany, 25 and moved to the US to study at USC in Los Angeles. I live in the city miss the nature and am desperately looking for options to go hunting. Mostly looking for opportunities in Southern California but open to anything around the States. I would love to get to know some of the hunting culture here. As I'm spending almost all of my money on my degree I unfortunately have a quite limited budget at the moment. So if anyone has suggestions, tips or options to go hunting I would love to get in contact.

"Weidmannsheil" (german hunting term for "good hunting") to everyone

Felix

Welcome. Would be helpful to narrow down your preferences as there are literally hundreds of ways to enjoy hunting in the States. For example, upland bird hunting? Water fowl? Deer-sized ungulates? Small game (rabbits, squirrels, etc)? Varmint/pests (coyotes, prairie dogs, etc.)? Do are you able/willing to hike many miles for your prey & something closer to the parking lot? Target shooting? Skeet/trap? Pistols? Lots of options.

Welcome. I can't help you at all about So Cal. Maybe some Arizona quail?

Welcome to the forum from Az.
Cal. has one of the best Hunters Safety courses around.
60% conservation and 40% safety.AZ.Quail open through 2/9/20. 〽💥

Willkommen zu Hunttalk!!! I was in a similar situation to yours when I was posted to a job in Sembach ( I lived in Kaiserslautern). Unfortunately I was not in Germany long enough to take the hunting course and get into the woods :) I wish you the best of luck!!

I know this is old but I haven't been on here in about a year. I moved from SoCal to Stuttgart area just before the 'rona last year. I haven't had a chance to take the German hunting class yet, but I'm signed up for the fishing class for later this month. I used to hunt Palomar mountain in San Diego county quite a bit. PM me if you want some info for that area, I don't need it anymore! Got any good leads in BW on who to talk to for land access here once I get my jagdschein? Weidmannsheil!

Welcome to the US and to the forum. I've never been to California so I can't help you much on the hunting.

I do hope you find some decent adventures out there.

Welcome from NM. I once lived in Stuttgart....., Stuttgart, Arkansas. They pronounce it a little differently in Arkansas than you're probably used to.

I lived in Sacramento, CA for a while and so can't speak to S. CA. I know there are a couple of military bases in your area that allow hunting. I'd check out Fort Hunter Liggett and Camp Roberts. Vandenburg Base is huge but I'm not sure they allow hunting. Feral pigs are supposed to be in the area. I believe there's are decent turkey and feral pig populations on the southern coastal areas if you locate public lands. Onx maps can point you to public lands. You might check out some of the local Indian Reservations to see if they have a hunting program. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back